Re: Message plus not working on Computer
mbooher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon all,

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND NORMAL AGAIN, at least for my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 and my iPhone SE!  

It seemed to start syncing again around 14:00pm Pacific Time.

All three of my platforms are in sync now - not sure what Verizon did, but it is working for me.

I hope it is now working for everyone else!

Blessings,

Matthew

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I was delighted to read Matthew's (Member mbooher) report that "as of right now (17:15pm Pacific Time on Saturday, August 3, 2019), EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND NORMAL AGAIN".

With hope in my heart, beginning about 18:05:00 PDT Saturday, August 03, 2019, I ran my send/receive/sync tests again.
As I too am in the Pacific Time Zone, I thought I'd be served by the same or similarly updated Verizon "integrated messaging service" servers as Matthew's devices.

I am disappointed to report that my results have NOT changed.
The 8x8 matrix of results of my Send/Receive/Sync Verizon Messages conversations (SMS text) remains unchanged.
Exactly the same send/receive/sync results as in my original spreadsheet matrix (appended below).

I then spent (WASTED, as Verizon is not paying for my time) additional hours on my Windows 10 Home laptop: Disconnecting/Rebooting/Connecting, reviewing Conversation threads in, Uninstalling/Rebooting/Installing, and again reviewing Conversation threads in Verizon Messages (v2.0.2.0).

During these cycles, the Conversations were "deleted" and "reloaded" from the servers and the same "last successfully synced message was still 7/19/2019 - 2:11 PM PDT".

When I sign in to my Account on Verizon's website and go to Account : Text Online, ALL messages subsequent to 7/19/2019 - 2:11 PM PDT are there (see appended screen capture), including the tests I just ran, inspired by Matthew's post.

Matthew (Member mbooher), might you be willing to try sending a message from your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or iPhone SE (whichever is your Primary Verizon cell number) to a cell number different from yours, receive a reply back from that other cell number, and then check if your Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 correctly synchronizes both sides of that Conversation thread?
May we assume that your ThinkPad is updated to a recent/current version of Windows 10 Pro?

If that does work, perhaps we can discover how your environment differs from mine.

If your situation has actually changed from "unable to keep in sync" to "working now", I can hold on to some hope that my situation may still get resolved.

John

Web 2019-08-03_a.png

Verizon Messages failure matrix_c.png

sdnsr
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of August 2, 2019. I too can no longer email text messages from my gmail account to my phone, and no one else can either. Nothing new has been done to my phone or computer. I have a Galaxy Note 3, and on my Dell Inspiron laptop computer I have windows 10.  I normally email from gmail account to my phone #@vzwpix.com and it has worked for the last 10 years at least. Sometimes I would email to @VTEXT.com, but that's not working either. I depend on this function for my job, and now suddenly my job is suffering because I have no way to get information from my computer to my text on my phone.  If there was a big emergency, lives could be at stake, that's how bad this is. This is totally wrecking havoc of my job. I will be making calls to verizon until this is fixed.  

sdnsr
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of August 2, 2019. I too can no longer email text messages from my gmail account to my phone, and no one else can either. Nothing new has been done to my phone or computer. I have a Galaxy Note 3, and on my Dell Inspiron laptop computer I have windows 10.  I normally email from gmail account to my phone #@vzwpix.com and it has worked for the last 10 years at least. Sometimes I would email to @VTEXT.com, but that's not working either. I depend on this function for my job, and now suddenly my job is suffering because I have no way to get information from my computer to my text on my phone.  If there was a big emergency, lives could be at stake, that's how bad this is. This is totally wrecking havoc of my job. I will be making calls to verizon until this is fixed.  

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Member sdnsr,

You might get better response by starting a new "Discussion", (Start a Discussion) button on Verizon Messages Home screen. I am just a lowly Member, not a Community Manager, so I can't move your posts to another thread.

This Discussion thread has been building around the failure of Verizon Messages to "sync across multiple devices (smartphone, tablet, computer, and even smart watches) so you can keep the conversation going when you're switching between devices." as is claimed in the Microsoft Store.

But, your post did pique my curiosity, wondering if the failure you describe might be related to our sync failures.

I used my collection of devices and multiple email addresses and 2 cell phone numbers to check if I could replicate your problem.
I regret I won't be much help, as my tests worked as expected, no failure.

I composed a short text on my iPad Air in Gmail and addressed it to both my cell numbers (To:[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service], Cc:[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]) as well as my primary email address (Bcc:???@att.net) and clicked send. (see appended screen capture)
The message was successfully received on both Cell phones/numbers (devices: Samsung Galaxy S9+ and BlackBerry Z30) and my @att.net email account, although it did provide me another example of our "sync across multiple devices" failure.

I have a vague long ago memory of Verizon saying that the #@vzwpix.com option was being eliminated. You might try another test case from Gmail to [full 10 digit number]@vtext.com, in case it was just a temporary server glitch.

Wishing you luck in solving your dilemma.

John

Tab S4 20190804-024948_Gmail.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! We are glad that everything is working now. We are always here if you need us. We hope that you have a great week! 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Giantbear4
Enthusiast - Level 2

It works on my smasung s9 and tablet.  It was working, i then logged on to messages through my browser to print a conversation and from that moment on, it stopped working on my pc

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I can appreciate how busy we all are and how little time we have to spend on something we should NOT have to worry about.

I am sincerely glad when a Member posts that their Messages "works" and equally disappointed when another Member posts that their Messages "stopped working".

What I struggle with is how little insight we can discover, from such short/simple posts, about the failures some of us are still having.

My passion for (obsession with?) software that works well, gets fired up by "bugs" that need solving and motivates me to gather as much detail as I can to help the responsible people fix them.

Sadly, I have not found any posts from @vzw_customer_support people who seem even slightly "technically responsible".

A nice "pat on the head" here, an "I'm so sorry" there. Emotional "cheerleading". Let's all feel good.

Nothing wrong with trying to sooth our frustrations, but what we need is problem solving.
I'd prefer to go to a psychiatrist for Emotional Support and come here for Support getting my devices working like Verizon advertises them and the web brags about.
===
OK... so that went on way too long.
But I'd like to provide some of my methods to help other Members provide some more useful details to Verizon. At least, for those Members who can afford the time it often takes.
For those of you still eager, it gets "complicated" and tedious:
===
Verizon offered SMS Messaging methods, currently available for:
- Android devices ("Verizon Messages" app, Version 6.8.8, updated Jul 30, 2019)
- Apple devices ("Message+" app, version 3.2.1, iPad/iPhone)
- Windows 7 ("Message+" app, version 1.0.17.0, 2015?)
- Windows 10 ("Verizon Messages" app, version 2.0.2.0, Microsoft Store, Release date 5/5/2015)
- Verizon Messages in a Browser Web Page
===
My environment:

My devices (Devices registered with integrated messaging services):
- Samsung Galaxy S9+, Android PIE, ver 9, my Primary Device/cell phone number[1]
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, Android PIE, ver 9
- Apple iPad Air (first-generation 2013), iOS 12.4
- P6T-DELUXE-V2, Windows 7
- P9X79, Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267)
- Dell_XPS_15_JAF, Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267)

My devices (NOT registered with Verizon integrated messaging services):
- BlackBerry Z30, BB10 OS, v10.3.3.3216, my "different" cell phone number[2]

- Verizon Messages, in a Browser Web Page (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox)
===
Send an SMS text message:
- To: the cell phone number[1] of our primary Verizon device
- From: a different cell phone number[2] (for me, that is my BlackBerry Z30)
===
Confirm that the SMS text message is received by each device in turn.
- Reply to successfully received SMS text message from each device in turn.
- Send an SMS text message
-- To: cell phone number[2].
===
Verizon Messages in a Browser Web Page
https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do
- If requested, Sign in to your Verizon Account.

- You will get to the "Verizon Messages" webpage.
- Here you can confirm that all/some/none of the SMS text messages sent to/from your Primary cell phone number/device were "registered"/"received" by the "Verizon messaging services".

- Click the 3 bars (left end of red bar, below "Verizon Messages") and select "Settings".
- Select 4th list item "Manage Devices".
- This will show a list of your "Devices registered with integrated messaging services".
===
JohnF

darndean
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with (no message syncs since 7/31) using Message plus on a Windows 10 pc. I just updated to Windows 10 ver 1903 and started using Microsoft's phone connect application instead. My messages sync like before. I'm not sure Verizon will update their app or there must be a new conflict with Windows 10 that recently started and is only cured using Microsofts Your Phone app. Hope this helps somebody!

0 Likes
One conversation in Message+ always comes in MUTE
cmlevy

I have researched and found this is a common issue. It's always the same person. Each time I UNMUTE conversation, the REPLY mutes it.  I've played games trying to fool my contact list that it is a different person, but one way or another it aways discovers who it is and mutes the converstation. I have tried many other apps on my Samsung 7 edge and they work fine, however, I like Message+.

I called tech support and they couldn't fix the issue and never heard of it anyway. Just do a google search and you will hear of  it!!

How do I unmute the conversation.

0 Likes