Re: Message plus issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rjsonly, we know having access to your messages on your computer can be handy to have. We have sent you a private message to assist you further.

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
bobisthedog

I have many of the same issues. Can someone contact me to help fix. I am about to go to a new texting app because of how frustrating this has become.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We certainly want you to enjoy using the Verizon Message + app and we've noted your reference that you are considering using another messaging app due to experiencing issues with the Message + app. Just to be sure we're on the right path to assist you, what issues are you experiencing with the Message + app? How long have you been experiencing issues with that app? -RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
phxsci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also following for a Galaxy S9+.  My situation is acute, the duplicate messages are now being submitted in a custody hearing in an attempt to make it appear I am demanding.  

What's happening:

• Both on and off Wi-Fi trusted network behind a hardware firewall.
  • Sends the duplicate messages with hours between.
  • Is the exact message previously sent although screenshots from recipients show strange spacing issues.
  • Most frequent with iPhone recipients, less common with other Galaxy or Android phone users but does occur with other droid users.
  • Most frequent after an Android System update.
  • Occurs both within continental US and internationally (EU, South America, Canada, Mexico).

What I have tried without long term success:

• Overnight power down cold boot.
  • Battery removal up to five minutes cold boot.
  • On and off trusted WiFi networks.
  • Cache clear within app.
  • Samsung basic messaging app.
  • No third party apps have been attempted.
  • Roll back Droid update (not my favorite due to security updates)
  • Disable KNOX encryption (not my favorite due to security issues)

Phone Info:

Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U); Android V10; One UI version 2.0; Kernel version 4.9.186; Knox v 3.4.1 API 30; Last Android Security Patch 01 Apr 2020.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phxsci, we want to ensure your messages are working properly. You stated you've used another messaging app for this matter. Can you clarify if you get the duplicate messages regardless of the messaging application used? Do you have any message threads that show a triangle with exclamation point under the date (from the last time a message was sent/received in that thread)? If so, have you cleared any stuck or failed messages from the thread showing that symbol on it? Also, do you have any other text message apps outside of Verizon Message+ and the standard Samsung Messaging app?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
okiedokyy

fixed now? app doesnt work at all!! not their problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that your Message Plus app is working properly. Please tell us, is the app up to date? Is your device's software up to date? Also, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Please inform us of the outcome.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
phxsci
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello @vzw_customer_support (@geovannj_vzw),

Yes the app is up to date, I am running version 6.9.13.  The issue seems to occur following an Android firmware updates.  I have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the app.  I have recently upgraded to Android version 10 in the last week.  All other software settings are the same as previously stated in my initial message.  It seems to occur most frequently with ordinary SMS messages but not with MMS messages as often.  I think that should give a clue to this being a programming issue.  As so many others have flooded this forum with similar complaints over the last three years perhaps it is time to get the Dev team involved in searching the code for redundancy.  

@okiedokyy I feel your frustration.  It is Verizon's app and accountability for a working app is their responsibility.  If they want people to use their tech then they will have to work on fixing the code.  I am happy to be a part of that and hopefully with some patience and coding on their end we can get this resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phxsci,

Have you provided feedback directly via the application or the Play Store?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes