Message plus issues
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using next sms because message plus had issues.  It's been a year almost and the same issues are still happening.

Issue 1- duplicate text messages from friends.  So I get the exact same message twice.

Issue 2- no notification icon or sound after receiving the first message.  I get the sound and icon on the first message but never on any replies that follow.

Are these ever going to be fixed?!?

They make the app unusable.  Looks like I'll be switching to another message app.

0 Likes
Re: Message plus issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Kormath and I am sorry for the issues you are having. We want to take a closer look. We will be sending you a Private Message to continue.  RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Q.  On what phone?

Q.   What network are the double messages coming from/going to?

I use messages+ on pixel 3xl and Samsung S9 between At&t and Verizon and do not have those problems. 

0 Likes
psjabear3134
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same issue. Double message, one disappears after s while, I have a friend experiencing the same issue. Galaxy s9 and 10e

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psjabear3134, I rely on text heavily, so I know how important it is for that service to work properly. We are here to assist. Does this problem only happen with the Verizon Messages app? Have you noticed any patterns, such as the issue happens with specific contacts?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Apba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having issues with messages plus recently. 

Very often messages hang up, say they are downloading, sometimes for days. Also I have the app on my PC and it is not syncing properly. Some messages never appear.

I rely on this app for business and personal use and would like to be able to trust it again.

Never had any problems until fairly recently.  It may affect group messages more tha others though not sure.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my phone and PC several times without success

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Apba, being able to use Message+ without any issues is a top priority. We want to bring the trust back into the application. How long has this been an issue for you? What is the make and model of the device that you're using? Also, do you notice if the messages that come through and showing "downloading," are you then connected to a Wi-Fi network or the cellular network? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Apba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use a Galaxy S10+, purchased fairly recently. It's possible that the phone has something to do with it because I did not have a problem on my old phone.

Usually happens on wireless but may not download on verizon cell network too. (not sure). My computer Messages Plus app does not sync properly with phone many times.

Thanks for your response.

Richard

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Apba. What operating system are you running on your PC?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
rjsonly
Enthusiast - Level 1

new question, what is (not) happening on message+ for Win 10 PC ? Use extensively on older hp laptop. Bought a new laptop, and cannot find it to dwnload. Website say "unavailable" ?????

0 Likes