Re: Message+ on web keeps on reloading and is unusable.
pmptght
Enthusiast - Level 1

Capture.PNG

It's not hard to nail down. Log into your texting webpage and try to use it and within 5 minutes you'll see the problem. My next service provider will have this problem solved.

merble
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't really post on here but I wanted to say that yes, this has been a problem for years, and apparently Verizon has their actual worst engineers working on this this statement was rude - I apologize. It is likely that they are good engineers, but simply not web developers.

If any of them ever manage to see this post: you have some kind of redirect loop probably caused by loading inconsistent resources from different servers. Likely a problem in your deployment process, or your application is doing things out of order repeatedly as responses come in from API requests at different times.

Also, please tell the people who manage the forum that a paragraph about how sorry they are and frustrating it must be, followed by the same instructions over and over, is not just poor business practice: it's actually insulting.

Or just expose the API so that I can build my own webapp for this purpose.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of what's going on with the App for you. Please send us a Private Message for further assistance . GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
nitro2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem has been actually insane today.  I wish I had the ability to take a video of my whole setup here at work (not allowed) to show my hands not doing anything after signing in and the page reloading itself over and over and over and over again for 5+ minutes.  It has been doing this all day.  

And I agree about these stupid, ridiculous, unhelpful replies.  "We understand how important it is to be able to send texts from the web blah blah blah."  It IS insulting and patronizing.  Verizon is the absolute worst.  I now remember why I left them the first time so many years ago.  I guess I was hoping 12 years and a change of location they might be better.  

Cherubb
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is still a problem!! Your texting website is completely unusable. Instead of going top p[rivate messages post your solution here so we can all benefit. This is beyond frustrating!!

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Yes. Still a problem. Now that Verizon is not longer supporting Message+ for Desktop, they are recommending using the web app. The web app is completely unstable as well.

This is extremely puzzling as to why Verizon does not wish to listen to its customers.

ng1btaylor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of dissatisfed Verizon customers. Not only does the web site reload constantly often, but my notebook Messenger+ app, my Verizon Messenger webpage and my cell phone cannot properly sync properly between them. Some stuff shows up and some doesn't. The Windows 10 Messanger+ app receives no messages (have uninstalled and reinstalled, etc.). How can a wireless provider not get their texting service to work consistently well in this day and age? This can't be so difficult. I'm an engineer and gotta say this seems like very rudimentary stuff that should be a piece of cake to get right (especially after years of development). I will not be answering any questions on this forum about "my" setup. It's clearly the Verizon servers and Verizon software that have the problem. I've spent hours on the phone with tech support a couple times. How can this possibly be the best way to handle such an important aspect of Verizon services which we pay good money for?

hotmustard
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens to me regularly, but I've found a workaround - at least for me!

If I open another window to text.vzw.com, it seems to load and stop refreshing.  The original window gives me the "you have another session open" message, but the second window works, so I just close the first one and I am back in business.  Hope this helps someone somewhere.

And hope it helps support track down the cause.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand the frustration. It's important to have your messaging application function as it's supposed to. Please know that The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. If you are not using Windows 10, please follow the steps below to report the issue:

1. Open the Message+ app.
  2. Click Menu > Settings > Account.
  3. Report a bug.

Alternatively, you can submit the feedback by visiting one of the following Apps and selecting the option to email the developer:

• App page on the Play Store for Android devices 
  • App Store for iOS devices 

BrittanyC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
brantkay

Solution: use Microsoft Edge.  No refresh problem. Works with default Edge settings; no mods needed!

0 Likes