Re: Message+ on web keeps on reloading and is unusable.
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

THE ISSUE PERISTS!

I confirmed both on my regular Chrome browser with cache, etc. cleared as well as a browser that I have never used the Messages web app. Still endless reloads.

Fortunately, I won't have to deal with this nonsense much longer. After 20-years a customer, I'm ditching Verizon in two days. Good luck, everyone else.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paulmz,

The last thing we want is to see you go! Your 20 years of loyalty to us is very much appreciated. I'm sorry that you're having problems with the web browser refreshing making using the Verizon Messages online unusable. This is definitely not the experience we want for you at all. Allow me to investigate this further for you so we can find a resolution as quickly as possible, as a year is way too long to have this trouble. I've sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you further. Please respond to me in the Private Message to proceed. Thanks!

AliciaD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaredev
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can we talk with someone higher up in the organization about this issue that has not been resolved, despite numerous attempts by customer service reps to fix this? Can we talk with the project lead or one of the engineers behind the web version of Message+?   My email is [removed] and I'll be glad to explain how to reproduce it.  It's my professional opinion that the engineering team should be dogfooding so they can see for themselves what the production user experience is really like.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

nitro2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is still ongoing for me as well.  I spent hours of my time fighting with customer service during the "Your request cannot be processed.  Try again later" issues they were having a month or two ago.  Literal hours, because every time they seemed to have it fixed it would break again a couple days later, and every one of the Tier 1 CSR people have poor reading comprehension (as you have seen above with the whole website app versus desktop app versus phone app) and a terrible troubleshooting script to follow.  

Now on to why I'm posting: This doesn't solve the constant refreshing but it seems to make it stop for a bit; try hitting the stop loading "x", then holding CTRL and clicking the refresh button.  This tells Chrome to load a full new instance of the page and use nothing from cache.  Sometimes it seems to temporarily fix the problem.  The problem being that the whole web app seems like it was programmed by the monkeys from the Infinite Monkey Theorem.

nitro2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nearly a month later and it is still happening.  

DO NOT send me a DM about troubleshooting.  This problem is on your end.  Escalate it.

steph121
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue is still not resolved!!!!! I spent hours as well troubleshooting with everyone under the sun there at verizon. FIX IT, ITS VERIZONS ISSUE

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that your issue is resolved, are you able to take the device in store? GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
TrickyDickAgain
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your input, summary, and all the details you’ve provided, TrickyDickAgain. Issues that come up at random are the most difficult to nail down. In order to take the next steps, I sent a Private Note.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
jjust17
Enthusiast - Level 2

June and this issue still persists. Latest version of Chrome, all extensions turned off. (I work in IT, I've been troubleshooting and trying to resolve FOR DAYS). Tried multiple browsers, multiple operating systems, multiple networks. Cleared cache, cleared cookies, etc. Inconsistent, but definitely an issue on the site, not end user.