Message+ not syncing
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Meesage+ on my android and iphone with the android phone set as the primary.  When I receive a text on my android phone the message only syncs to my iphone when i open the message+ app on the iphone.  Is this the normal syncing behavior?  Is there a way to receive (push) new texts on the iphone without opening the app? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ not syncing
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The primary device, the phone number you want to sync all the other devices to, is a phone number attached to a line of service.  The Messages + app, as far as I have known, detects a phone and automatically makes it the primary number.

Other devices, though they may have a number associated with them for billing purposes, are not configured to send and receive texts; they have to be synced with a phone number through the app.

The fact that you have a phone with the Verizon Messages+ app installed and are able to get it it to sync with an DIFFERENT phone number is either a fluke, or iPhones somehow allow this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

FIrst off, you shouldn't even be able to get the texts to sync on another phone - just for tablets, PC's, etc - the phone has it's own number for texting.  Maybe iPhones are "special"??

So, if you can even see the texts from another phone via Verizon Messages+ app on the iPhone, consider it good.  I wouldn't expect it to work at all.

0 Likes
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the response.  below is text from the FAQ regarding Messages+, smartphones are listed in the suite of compatible devices.  Is this incorrect?

• Send and receive messages through any compatible Verizon Android™ or Apple® smartphone, web browser, desktop PC (Windows®), desktop Mac®, tablet or compatible smartwatches
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The primary device, the phone number you want to sync all the other devices to, is a phone number attached to a line of service.  The Messages + app, as far as I have known, detects a phone and automatically makes it the primary number.

Other devices, though they may have a number associated with them for billing purposes, are not configured to send and receive texts; they have to be synced with a phone number through the app.

The fact that you have a phone with the Verizon Messages+ app installed and are able to get it it to sync with an DIFFERENT phone number is either a fluke, or iPhones somehow allow this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen others mention this coding anomaly for iPhones before with the Messages+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbaum75,

Being able to receive your messages is a must. The Message+ app should definitely sync and bring your messages in without you having to open the app. Let's look into what's going on. What version app do you have installed? Is the iPhone you're using the app on connected to WiFi or using cellular data when the issue is occurring?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChuckG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There seem to be a lot of other people, like myself, whose phone messages aren't synching on the Verizon Message+ app on the computer.  And yet, neither Verizon nor anyone seems the least bit bothered about fixing it.  I finally deleted the app from my computer, switched back to the standard Samsung message app and deleted the Verizon Messages from my phone.  I'm done.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has stated multipled times now in emails to me from customer support and also on this forum that they are no longer supporting Windows 10 with Message+. They also stated that we should use the web based verson on the verizonwireless.com website. Now I cannot even access the web based version. I just get a spinning icon with it "connecting". No luck. Basically Message on anyting other the phone is jus tnot being pursued by Verizon as something to get working. Very disappointing for sure.

Unforgiven1st

This is what the Verizon message app is for. I've used it for years on my PC tablet and such. Sometimes on a device that's not default it may take some time. Like if I've not used my tablet for a while I go to message app open and it will sync.

0 Likes
Unforgiven1st

The app is great and sometimes don't sync.  I've had to register  my tablet before as in delete and approve it before. Sometimes  battery saving for apps will turn all the time syncing off. My tablet has a different number and it works. Sometimes I have to go in and send text and it will start syncing again. For everyone the Verizon message app is made to sync across all devices that the app is installed on. That you have setup with the message app.... iPhone, android, PC.  Sometimes apps won't sync over a setting. I love the app and others should use it as well. 

0 Likes