Message not sent issue
blackhammer35
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid Charge. I had some issues receiving some picture messages, so I went to a forum and found out that I supposedly needed to download the VZmessages app.  Now many of the messages that I send out give a "message not sent error".  Does anyone know how to correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message not sent issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blackhammer35, I can help you with your picture messaging. First, you should not need to download VZMessages just to send and receive picture messages. Since the issue with sending started after installing this application, try uninstalling then rebooting. If no change, clear cache from your Messaging application. This will not erase any messages. Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Messaging, Clear data/cache.

If still occurring, is this happening with all your MMS? Are you able to access internet okay?

Let me know if your problems persist.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

BrookelynnVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you were to call Customer Support( I HAD to AGAIN last week) they will say to TroubleShoot your phone but I had to call back from a different phone to follow their directions for this action. I told them that I had no other phone...so, I was told to remove the back battery protector, FIRST SHUT OFF the PHONE. Then REMOVE the SIM CARD, wait a couple minutes to put it back into place. Then turn on as usual. This worked for me and I was having the same issue though that is only one of 3 consistant errors I am having STILL on my 3rd replacement phone!!:( Good luck, plz let me know if this works for you. Take Care

0 Likes
blackhammer35
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the app because the phone had issues receiving picture messages.  I did what you suggested and now any messages that I send that have an image attached freeze up as pending.  I have not received any pictures messages since then, so I do not know if that is affected as well.  I have been able to access the internet as I did before (poor, slow connection despite being in an area that should have a strong 4g signal.

0 Likes
blackhammer35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, however it didn't' work.  I've also tried the moderators suggestion and it didn't work either.  The last two phones that I've gotten from this company have been garbage, and the most infuriating thing has been that the company hasn't fixed their problems even though just about every user has had the same, multiple issues with them (like this one here with you and I), and have in fact have had the same issues across multiple versions of the same phone through the years.  This is completely unacceptable.  This is likely the last Verizon phone that I will own.

0 Likes