Re: Message+ messages not staying in order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s extremely useful and helpful information, mnvikes19. I know how difficult it must be to follow a conversation when this is happening. I’ve reviewed some information on our side and here’s what you and others in this thread have helped us determine:

The issue happens on a Samsung Galaxy S7 after the Oreo update.

The issue happens with native messaging and Message Plus.

The issue does not happen when both parties use a different messaging app (you cited Textra).

Erasing threads and clearing data and cache do not resolve the issue.

All of these items, as well as more like them, indicate an issue within the Message Plus application after Oreo. Our forum team has asked that you, and others, send a bug report directly to the Message Plus team. Here’s how to do that. Please open the Message Plus application. Follow this path: Settings > Account > Report a Bug. This will bring up a screen that will allow you to type a description of the problem. Once that’s done, tap Send.

Please keep us posted here in this thread. We appreciate you and all our customers for providing examples to the Message Plus team with specific examples.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesN

Is there a fix for this? My Galaxy S8 has been doing this for a while. I'm not sure which update created the issue. Thanks

0 Likes
StricklovesSterlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's happened to me since update last week.  Texts, recent calls, photo gallery out of order.

I've set time zone and restarted multiple times.  Deleted all text messages and just deleted all recent calls.  Seems to have HELPED!   Now how do I get my photo gallery to start sorting correctly?  recent first. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesN, we understand your concern and we want to ensure your messages are working accordingly. You've reached the right place for assistance. Are you also using the Message+ app? Do you recall if the update was from the device or the application? 

Christian_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important your device is functioning properly at all times, StricklovesSterlin. Let's look into this together and find out what's going on. What is the make and model of your phone? What happens when viewing your gallery? 

Danielle_VZW

0 Likes
JamesN

Mine happened after a Device update. I don't recall the date or which update. This seems to be a fairly common issue. After one of the more recent Android updates based on my Google searches.

0 Likes
StricklovesSterlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the S7. Alarm clock also- I have the alarm set Monday thru Friday but it's still going off on Saturday and Sunday! CRAZY!

When I take a picture, it just randomizes in the gallery (usually just a few days of pictures- not necessarily showing up wayyyy back in time). It's not the most recent viewed anymore. Just jumbled in there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my messaging service working right. We are here to help. Have you tried to uninstall the app from your device? Does this happen with other messaging applications?

Alberto_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StricklovesSterlin,

It's fundamental to make sure your S7 is working properly and isn't randomly performing actions you aren't requesting. No worries though, we'll get to the bottom of this for you. I was able to research this in depth and I came across a handful of users that were experiencing similar issues where their S7 seemed to have a mind of its own. The great news is that they had this problem resolved immediately after performing a factory data reset.

Here are some important details to know before going through the reset: http://spr.ly/6587Dv4dL.

When ready, here are the steps on performing the factory data reset on your S7: http://spr.ly/6588Dv4d0.

I am confident this will resolve the issues that you have had since performing the update. Occasionally the updates don't go through as smoothly and these hiccups can occur. Once complete, please let us know about your success!

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
StricklovesSterlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems to be better now. do I need to delete my photo gallery and alarm clock to get them to act right also??

0 Likes