Re: Message+ keeps muting a conversation
Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there another step that we can try?  It appears that all of us have kept the app up to date, and multiple other steps to try to resolve this.  Or have we exhausted all the options on our end and is it now a developer issue? I'm in the process of planning holiday travel, and I really can't afford to miss any important texts from the person that keeps getting auto-muted at random intervals.

0 Likes
edharcourt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my wife and I have temporarily moved away from message+ to using the default Samsung text messaging app until this is fixed.

0 Likes
NARYA12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done that too. My husband & I always need to be in touch due to our jobs, just can't afford these kinds of issues. Especially when it doesn't seem like these Support people really know what to do... Just the same suggestions over & over, like they either haven't read the thread, or they're just replying how they're told to. I don't think anyone is really interested in solving this.

Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's really unfortunate, and I think I might have to just move away from using the app as well.  I think the Support Team is mostly just following protocol on how to respond and also do not know how else to troubleshoot this issue. It's really not their fault, but it would be nice to see a push for an actual app update. 

This thread has been open for nearly a month, but from the sounds of it -- all of us have been dealing with this issue for months. And I can assume that there's more than just a handful of us with this issue, and clearly it's easy to replicate by simply muting a conversation for 24 hours (letting it sync with the Cloud), unmuting it, and just watch the annoyance unfold. I suppose, it's just finding the right person to bring the issue higher and ultimately to the software developers of the app.

AZCardinalsGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same issue as well, just one contact, my daughter. Ridiculous that they can't get this figured out!

Dandmalexander
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would love to find a solution as well, I can finally show my wife that im not making this up,  she is the auto muted person in my phone(s8+), and it's ridiculous. I'll be switching apps until a solution is found, and that's unfortunate, as message+ is our favorite messaging app.

PURRFEKT01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I posted a thread on this myself last week. I did not see this one when I searched the boards.
"Why is Messenger+ muting my contact conversation on it's own? It is only doing this with one contact. It is, of course, the one I chat with the most. I have to "unmute" them just about every day. You have to go down 2 levels to "mute/unmute," so I do not see how I could be accidentally/unknowingly be doing this myself. How do I stop this from happening again?"
I have a Galaxy S Note5. This has been going on for at least 6 months. All my apps are up to date. It is happening on my tablet and my phone. Very disappointed in Verizon. I really liked this app, but it maybe headed up the door now.

0 Likes
PURRFEKT01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Someone else mentioned they checked the online messenger and saw the contact muted there. I just did that and this one contact is muted. I cannot unmute it either.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

These Community Forums are great for discussing common issues and maybe finding what resolved someone else's similar problem, however this is not Verizon Technical Support.  If no resolutions show up, maybe tickets need to be opened with Verizon Technical Support (800-922-0204 or *611) to get their Level 2 and Level 3 support working on it.  If there are tickets opened, share them and the status/results. These Community Forums provide Level 1 (basic) support at best.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
AZCardinalsGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I may have found a way to fix this. I looked at this from the idea that the problem is caused by the conversation being permanently muted at the online Verizon messages website located at:

https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do

What I did was disconnect all of my devices:

Capture.JPG

I then closed all of the apps on my phone, tablet, desktop. Reopened each one and reconnected. I sent another text to my daughter and the website online now shows that conversation is not muted. Just did this today so it may come back again but it seems like this may fix it. I'll update if it mutes again.

After being on the phone for an hour with Verizon they still have no idea why every app platform has the ability to mute/unmute but their website does not have that option. They are supposed to be escalating to see why that option is missing.

0 Likes