Message+ eating data and battery
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting tonight Message+ has been killing my phone's data and battery. In the past 3 hours I've only received 1 text message but Message + has used 50% of my battery. When I click on it under my settings>battery link, Settings closes (it does not do this when I click on other apps). I can also see that it is using a lot of background data... more tonight than in the past 2 weeks combined. Why? What can I do to stop this???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ eating data and battery
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

So after updating 6.4.10 last night the issue seems to be resolved. At

least until the next update lol...

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:14 AM, KONCRETEKITE <forums@verizonwireless.com>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Michaelem

Happening to me as well.  Hope they are listening and fix it fast.

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

And apparently after updating to 6.4.9 this afternoon it just updated to

6.4.10 this evening... we'll see if that fixes the issue. Seriously I hate

thinking about this app so much!

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Michaelem <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another update?  Sheesh ... it's almost (but not quite) funny....

I'm still on 6.4.9 (updated this morning); the data usage may be syncing in the background - I just checked my data and I see no unusual stuff from Messages+.  Double check settings, when and what it allows through on wifi and cellular.  I wish apps would not reset defaults when updating.

0 Likes
KONCRETEKITE

I'm having the same issue! Eating up my battery like crazy.  Literally went from 100% to 9% in less than 4 hours and 15 text messages (on wi fi and no other use)!  I've uninstalled it.  I'm sick of this mess with this messenger.  Every single time they mess with it, it becomes a disaster in one manner or another.

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

So after updating 6.4.10 last night the issue seems to be resolved. At

least until the next update lol...

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:14 AM, KONCRETEKITE <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
rgokhman

Looks like it's been 2 years and this problem is still not fixed! My app went from using an average of 0.01Gb to 50GB this month. Customer service could not be less helpful! And now that this app is preinstalled on Verizon phones it cannot be uninstalled, only disabled!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Two years is definitely too long to experience issues rgokhman. We always want to ensure your device and apps are working the way they should. To clarify, are you stating the app used 50 GB of data this month? What model phone do you have?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes