Re: Message+ crashing
BoyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both mine AND my husband's are crashing

0 Likes
BoyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only thing that has worked for me is going to my contacts then clicking on the message icon. Only way it opens up the messages but only to that specific contact. 

0 Likes
Crazemaze500

Same problem. Same timing, started evening of 8-1. Can see messages only if I go to them through individual contacts. Restart did not work. Anyone know if Verizon is currently trying to fix this problem? Seems like a high volume issue possibly caused by recent update. -_- 

0 Likes
NeyaPaari
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also exactly the same problem and started happening from yesterday, 8/1/19.

0 Likes
Garymeller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried uninstall and reinstall which worked for a few minutes, then crashed again. Error message keeps blocking the app. 

I uninstalled and the installed regular Verizon Message app from the app store. That works fine. ALL OLD MESSAGES REAPPEARED IN THE APP. Hopefully they will get M+ working again. 

0 Likes
Garymeller
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can use the App SMS Backup to save old messages to your email account. 

0 Likes
tkrowisz6

Both my phone and my husband's phone were experiencing this problem yesterday. We switched to using the non verizon message app that comes with your phone's os. I just went ahead and set it to be the default app, instead of verizon's message app. It will automatcally rein in all of your previous texts that were handled in the verizon app. You will not lose any previous texts. Anyway, this morning when i decided to try the verizon messenger app again, it was opening fine. However, since i do not see what the real issue was, i will not switch it back to default. 

0 Likes
Sueg2

That did not work for me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GNCC407, we're sorry to see that were having issues with your Message+ application. The issue has been resolved, in case you continue to experience any problems please power cycle your device. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cobra6987, we're sorry to see you had issues with your Message+ application. The issue has been resolved by our engineers. If you're still having issues, please power cycle your device. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes