Re: Message+ app using all of my data!
TIAHUR57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this exact same problem. Is there actually a solution to this? I couldn't find a solution in this thread, so I disabled the app and started using a different app instead. Also, I couldn't find the report a bug option in Message+.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Disabling the app seems to be the best answer for now TIAHUR57. I can't believe that a messaging app would  take as much data as the messaging+ app has. I have read that someones app used over 6 gb but I have not read on here of anyone getting credit back on there accounts.I always thought that the 2 apps for messaging that came with the phones were free to use. We have unlimited calling and texting  so I thought either app was free to use. Has anyone figured out what the data was used on was it the actual text message or the bloatware that is in message+?

0 Likes
Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi TIAHUR57,

There is a solution if you want to continue to use the Verizon Message+ App. You have to clear the app data and cache. Doing this will require you to log back in to Verizon Message+ after clearing the data and it will reset all your customization settings to default, but your messages will be restored when you login back in to your account. If you try this fix, then I recommend looking through your settings and take note of the options you've selected so you can revert them afterward.

To report a bug through the Message+ App:

1) Open Message+

2) Click the 3 dashed lines at the top left corner of the screen

2) Go to Settings

3) Go to Account

4) Report A Bug

To reset the Message+ app on an Android Phone:

Go to Settings->Apps->Application Manager

1) Scroll down to Message+ and select it

2) Click the "Force Stop" button

3) Click on "Storage"

4) Click on "Clear Data"

5) Click on "Clear Cache"

6) Open Message+ App and go through sign in procedure

7) Go through ALL your settings and turn off the features you don't want (some of these share location data that you may or may not want to share)

I did this fix over a month ago and immediately saw the Message+ data usage return to normal. However, I would still keep an eye on your data usage in case it starts to drain data again since I don't know what initially caused the app to start using excessive data.

JOSSTA1

Did nothing out of the ordinary this month, now all of the sudden messenger + has used over 2 gb of data this month... Absurd.  I'm about to get overage fees, and I can't stop it!  Messenger just keeps using data!  What [removed]...

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Dwpotter20

I'll be uninstalling the app, today it resent a video from 6 months ago leaving me with overage charge. 

0 Likes
VZWCustomer6368
Enthusiast - Level 1

When i finaly tracked 55gb of data in 3 months  to this app i was shocked. Then this post of others with the same problem. Verizon has known about this for a long time and this pathetic amswer is their responce? How is wiping out all my data  a solution for a criminaly poorly writen app ?  Seriously this app needlessly wastes data you paid the same company for and their solution is to charge you a fee and suggest you dump your information or they will continue to charge you for the data they waste.

0 Likes
Baboon

Was just a victim of this app! On a 1,000 mile trip that took 16 hours all my data got used up. Looked up what ate up all my data and sure enough message+ at 5.62Gs. This is ridiculous! Maybe verizon should start paying for my data. What was this app doing in the 24 hours to use that much? Anyway I'm glad other people posted about this. Came up as the first website in my search. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Baboon, 

We want to make sure your service and apps are working properly. Have you updated the application? Is your phone software up to date?

JenelleW_Vzw

0 Likes