Re: Message+ app does not show member name to group.
Like2rein

I see all the names but almost all the members of my group who use iPhones are only seeing numbers. In fact I don't know that anybody else is seeing names. It started immediately.

0 Likes
JoeG1007

I have an iphone and am in a group message using this and only see the numbers. Is there a fix?

0 Likes
kae16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually  that isnt true. I sat down with someone in my group chat who uses Message + and has an android. She has all of the group members in her contacts. None of the contacts are showing up with names....only numbers. The group itself is showing up as a different number to . 

This is all very confusing. Can someone help?

mtien

This issue continues. I started a group on Message+ and many folks cannot see the names. Looking to see if there is any answer from support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help keep you connected when group messaging, Mtien. What make and model of device are you using? Is your Message+ application updated with the latest software version? Have there been any recent changes to your device? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
painpain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I think the only solution is for the developer to go back and create a solution where people are able to see the names of the contacts whenever they are using the group chat. Otherwise, some effeciency is lost in the process.

TexasAggie97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I started a group message in my message+ app and some recipients see names and other recipients see only phone numbers even though the contact's phone number is in their contact list and see a name when using MMS texts.

One recipient in particular sees all names and is using an iPhone with the standard iPhone messaging app.

PLEASE FIX THE MESSAGE+ APP GROUP TEXT ISSUE!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your Message+ app is working properly. Have you updated the app recently? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
lbrownson

I have the same issue and am trying to find another app that would work as expected.  Of course, this could also be related to how the receiving app is set up; however, I would expect the Group function to work the same as just a group message.  It appears that the difference must be in how the Group function actually sends the text.  For now, I just have to keep the group text instead of using the Group that I set up.

Please fix this app!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am the same way in creating certain groups when I send out my messages, lbrownson. I would love to help in any way I can. I do want to clarify a few things first. Has this ever worked before? What happens when you try to send a message to your group? Please tell me more.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes