Message + app creating group of me plus person texted
atlmil

Message + app on Google Pixel 3, phone is a whole ONE day old, so all up to date, has decided to auto create groups of "me" and "contact" texted.  It has destroyed message history between me and several people by putting my responses in a "me + contact" versus just all texts under the contact name.  This is a real problem because I have texts that need to keep together.  I did all the supposed fixes - clear cache, reset, and restarts.  

0 Likes
Re: Message + app creating group of me plus person texted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@atlmil

It's important that you're able to successfully send and receive text messages to and from your contacts when using your Google Pixel 3 device. I'm sorry if this hasn't been your experience with your device and when using the Message+ app to text. I would love to assist.

However, I want to ensure I am clear on exactly what you are experiencing with your device. Are you stating that when you send a text to one individual mobile number listed in your device contacts, that the text thread history reverts or shows it as a group message thread instead of a text to one contact? Please share more details so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dagl

Message+ on my Samsung s8 has randomly converted A text with 1 Person to Group MMS. It now does not provide a continuous thread. On the date it happen it indicates group mode changed to: group mms. How can I change it back. There are several text threads this has happened with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Daql,

We know that having your messages properly working is important. We can help here. Just to confirm, is the phone that you are texting with an Android or iPhone? Did you forward any messages from the thread to another number? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW 

0 Likes