Message+ Windows PC app still Broken
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my personal home PC, the Windows PC app stopped working about 3 weeks ago.  VZ Support's last effort is to contact Microsoft of my Internet provider.  Problem:  All worked fine across PC, iPhone and Android tablet until PC app (not web based text) stopped working.  Can send a text from PC, but cannot receive any.  Iphone and tablet still work fine.  Have accessed internet via VZ hotspot on iPhone so internet is not the problem.  Have uninstalled Windows/MS updates back to Dec 2018 and that hasn't helped.  Have a trouble ticket open [removed] since 2/11, but VZ tech support seems to be at a loss also.  Any wizards out there have a fix or suggestion for this?  Have disabled Norton also, reset router, uninstalled from all devises and started from scratch, nothing works...

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how important it is to use the Messaging+ App on your PC. We are here to help. What exactly happens when you try to use it? Have you tried using on another PC?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alberto, if you can access the open trouble ticket I referenced, you will see the problem I am having.  I have explained it at least 4 times to VZ Techs each time I contact you to see if there is a fix yet.  Basically, the Windows app only allows me to send messages and not receive them.  The only messages I can receive are on my iPhone and Android tablet.  Messaging all worked fine, including on PC app, for years up until early January when the PC app quit working.  Please note that the problem is with the PC Windows app, not the VZ web based texting site.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows app at least 20 times, uninstalled and reinstalled from all my devises, had VZ Tech Support completely remove Integrated Messaging from my account and start from scratch like I never had Message+, re-set my router, removed all firewalls, connected to internet via VZ Wireless hotspot off my iPhone, removed all Windows updates back to December.  I do not have another PC that I can use to test from.  I'm out of options.

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Alberto, or anyone else from VZW reading these complaints, is there any update on fixing the problems with the PC app for Message+?

0 Likes
Yrag00
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like they've turned off replying on "Message+ Windows PC app Broken", where there was a discussion up to a week ago. So I wil reply here, since it is still broken. My Windows app quit receiving messages a week ago. Verizon support on that other thread kept asking the same questions. So I will again reply with my details and experiments. I tried four different methods:

1. Windows 7, Message+, version 1.0.17.0
  2. Windows 10, Verizon Messages, version 2.0.2.0
  3. Browser: Chrome, logged into my vzw account -> Text Online. Behaves the same on both my Win 7 and 10.
  4. Phone: Samsung S10+, Android 9, Message+ version 6.9.0

I sent a message from each device and had one incoming message. Each row in this table shows what device I sent from, then if the four devices received that message or not.

• From Win 7: Win 7 yes, Win 10 yes, Browser yes, Phone no.
  • From Win 10: Win 7 yes, Win 10 yes, Browser yes, Phone no.
  • From Browser: Win 7 no, Win 10 no, Browser yes, Phone yes.
  • From Phone: Win 7 no, Win 10 no, Browser yes, Phone yes.
  • Incoming: Win 7 no, Win 10 no, Browser yes, Phone yes.

The other party got all four messages, no matter which device it came from.

This clearly shows that it is not my computer or the one app on my computer. It is interesting to note that Win 7 and Win 10 can talk to each other and the Browser, but not the phone. It's like the Win 7/10 are on one platform, the Phone on another, and they can't talk to each other, but the Browser can.

So the Browser works but being logged into the vzw account will kick you out after three minuntes of inactivity. Not good for texting.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

My Web browser will just keep loading and will not even connect reliably. 

The Message system is not working except on the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. Getting the assistance you need is important, and we are here to provide it. Can you please clarify, Are you alternating between both Windows 7 and Windows 10 one PC are you you working with 2 PC's? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken HELP PLEEEEESE! Verizon is blocking my receiving messages on my PC!!!!!!!
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

This PC VERSION IS BROKEN!  Stop horsing around and FIX-IT!  It hasn't been updated for 3 YEARS the App is a dang-a-sour!!!!  ALOT OF US COUNT ON IT AND NEED IT!  I have a cell phone account with unlimited data and use, I live at Medina, ND and my phone is always jumping from 1 bar to "No Service", I don't get the unlimited use the way it is.  If my phone rings and I answer, Verizon hangs up on my caller for "no service".  I NEED THIS PC VERSON TO WORK!  AND I NEED IT TO SYNC WITH MY VERIZON MESSAGES, NOT MY VERIZON CELL PHONE THAT HAS "NO SERVICE" HALF THE TIME.  Not to mention it's just was wonderful to be able to get/send my texts while working on my PC, and being able to use a normal keyboard for texting too!   FIX-IT, IT IS BROKEN, STOP TELLING US TO DELETE IT, REINSTALL THIS DIANSOUR, AND ALL THE OTHER BLAH, BLAH THAT DON'T WORK.....FIX-IT SO IT WORKS AGAIN!!!

Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken HELP PLEEEEESE! Verizon is blockin receiving s on my PC!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NDboots, we understand the importance of making sure you are able to seamlessly sync your Verizon Messages to your PC. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with this matter especially with having minimal service in your home area. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify which Windows PC version you are currently using? When did this concern start? Also, can you please clarify if the Verizon Messages application (both the mobile app and PC app) are up to date?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken HELP PLEEEEESE! Verizon is blockin receiving s on my PC!
Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Clearly Verizon does not understand the importance!  Back in mid-August I contact a Verizon rep and we spoke at length  about this, she opened a ticket (I may have scribbled the number somewhere, cannot find it now, her name was Juanita).

I started to login to my account and use Text Online, which at least was being refreshed with incoming messages.  But it was incredibly frustrating when it would quietly log me out, and not knowing, I would type in a message and then the entire thing would be lost.

Some weeks ago the PC app started to once again pick up current messages. HOWEVER ANY MESSAGE I TYPE INTO THE PC NEVER SHOWS UP ON MY PHONE!

I tried using the Google provided Messages app, it did not do all that I wanted.  I tried to update my phone to pick up the missing messages by restoring from the cloud.  Yeah I got them, but I THEN HAD TWO OF ALL THE MESSAGES I ALREADY HAD ON MY PHONE!  WHAT A MESS!!!

I pay top $$dollars$$ for Verizon.  Unlike many providers Verizon still does not give me international access to my call, text & data, unless I pay steep $$fees$$ for it (so I have to mess with other carriers SIM cards -- which then causing me to lose all the recent messages, and people can't reach me since I don't have my US#).

These problems are inexcusable.  Stop asking people for more information, this has been reported so many times already, and clearly there are people doing something with it.  Get this fixed already!!

Maybe you don't care Verizon, but I get closer and closer to jumping ship when you provide such terrible support and service for such high prices.