Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
pzuckermanaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to use the Microsoft "Your Phone" app on my PC and "Your Phone Companion" on my Android phone to now see, send and receive all incoming/outgoing messages from the Verizon Messages+ app on my phone. I started by launching Your Phone on my PC, and it stepped me through the setup on my phone. Just did it, and it seems to be working fine. I'd rather have the Verizon app on my PC, but since it's not working, this is getting the job done.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for posting this alternative. I will give it a try. I have been on other message strings on this forum with the same exact issue and the forum is remiss with all the people with the same issue. I have even called C/S for this and received a reply that the Message+ app is not supported in Windows 10.

I find it funny that it has worked fine for years on Windows 10 and now for a few weeks does not.

Riss1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue with the messages app not working on the PC. I called Verizon and they said they are aware of the issue and the messages app currently does not work on Windows 10. They said there is no timeline for the issue to get resolved.

David_Ra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Google Messages with Messages for Web three days ago.  It works fine.  I can send and receive messages seamlessly on my phone or laptop (with Windows 10). As a shareholder of Verizon, I am particularly disappointed that Verizon has done nothing to fix this problem.

MissyDM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this being looked into?

MissyDM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get a resolution?

NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and I count on this PC app to get my text messages because of work and absolutily lousey Verizon cell service at Medina, ND.  You can't go in any buildings in Medina, ND without loosing the one bar of cell phone service.  Rural Medina we jump from "No Service" to one bar countless times a day.  I have complained to Verizon about this a few times.  But no fix, even though we are next to a major interstate in ND and there are TWO unrented towers in the area, one is a mile away, and another is 4 miles away, both are right beside a very well traveled I-94, that cell phone service could be applied to provide the many of us that can't get cell phone service unless we climb up something!  I need this Verizon Message+ to work.  I can send out on it, but the last few days I can no longer receive my text messages.  I'm on Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.  

NealPT
Enthusiast - Level 1

The people that they put on for support are not there to really give you support.... it's just to make it appear that they are.  The %^%$# Message program is BROKEN.... fix it. Surely they can afford to buy a Windows 10 computer for testing rather than asking a million questions.... and surely they can read what we write. It's obvious a lot of times that they don't even read what people write.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

As a retired, former Verizon Videoconferencing support engineer, the FIRST thing I would do when getting a trouble report/issue, is to REPLICATE the issue.  Trying to use the same/similar equipment software versions, seeing what was happening was crucial to troubleshooting.  Not that I don't think Verizon support is doing this, but I would LOVE to be part of the troubleshooting team to help resolve these issues.  What's frustrating is that we get NO feedback as to what they are seeing or doing.  As I've stated before, maybe in another thread, an explanation of how the synchronization process between Integrated Messaging devices is supposed to work would be beneficial.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
NealPT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly.... I was a systems analyst for years at a major company and when a problem occured the first thing that I tried was to duplicate the problem so the first thing I would do is get a Windows 10 machine with basic software and make sure it's up to date and then see if the problem occurred on it.  If not, then start narrowing it down to something else on other machines that are causing it.  I think a MS update is what caused it to break but that's just a guess.