Re: Message+ Update
PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never suggested you delete message+ if that is the texting app you normally used before the update. I suggested recipients who DON'T use message+ as their default texting app delete their message+ account.

0 Likes
EKRISPY

I went to my application manger and hit the "disable" button. It asked me if I wanted to go to the original factory version. I clicked yes.. then hit enable. Boom.. back to working like the old days.

0 Likes
Jeanajoy

First, this is happening with me and my fiancée.   I want to know how all of our info is linked as SO.  Freaks me out a bit.  We are not on the same contract.  Is anyone having it happen with someone other than their significant other?  Or maybe most frequently contacted? 

Second, we can only text via group text without data or WiFi on.  So his mom is in on all of our conversations, lol.  I have tried uninstalling updates, switching to Samsung messages restarting etc.  Nothing has worked so far.  Unfortunately he is out of town so I can't communicate with him on doing the same on his side.  Anyone find a fix?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you uninstall the updates (be sure to turn off automatic updates if it's on) or if you disable the app and use the stock text app, you should be able to send/receive texts UNLESS it's someone using Verizon Messages with the updates installed -- you won't get their texts.  At least that's been my experience and a few others that have posted.

Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are not having as large of issues as some of you but we keep seeing the messages say "unread messages" even when we read them. Also my wife is getting delayed messages coming in. Yet another example of how updates always ruin basic functions. I see this at my job constantly. Just leave the thing alone. And if you have to update, then test it thoroughly before releasing it. People who do updates seem to lack intelligence or discipline.

0 Likes
Tjay43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up uninstalling all updates on the message app and turning off the auto-update feature.  Works fine now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TEAMANDERSON113, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Which make/model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COOFOO777, we always want your messages to get through and are here to assist. Are these messages going through when connected to data or Wi-Fi? Have you tried using the factory installed messaging application to see if there is any change in the messages sending?

LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your phone normally when text messaging. Let's review this more in full. To clarify, do you have the latest update installed for the Message + application?

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RH22,

We want to make sure you can stay in touch with all of your contacts all the time. What type of phone do you have? Did it start right after doing the update?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes