Message+ Update
COOFOO777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having an issue with the new messaging   update. Some of my conversations with individuals are stuck as your new "chat" feature instead of SMS and make it so I have to be connected to wifi or us data to send a message. They also have to be using the same app to receive my messages.  How do I change this? I've tried deleting the conversation but that doesn't fix it.  This only affects certain contacts.  Thier names appear in blue when I try starting a new conversation.  Is there a way to disable the "chat" feature?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Update
ANGARE58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem...only certain contacts.  I went in to my application manager and then to the Message+ app...Disabled it (because you can't uninstall it), restarted my phone and repeated the process but Enabled it.  It worked.  Hope it works for you too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HIWAY65N
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue, really annoying.

COOFOO777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I even tried deleting the contract and adding them back.  This still didn't fix the problem. I know she has the she app downloaded but it isn't the one she uses.

0 Likes
TEAMANDERSON113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue.  It is weird because for me.  It only is when I text my wife,  but not others.  It is making me want to stop using message plus. 

0 Likes
RH22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same issue. Like others it is only with certain contacts. On top of that, any messages I do send or receive are all out of order in context to the conversation. After calling a buddy, they confirmed they are not receiving my messages. This is extremely annoying. Also, lose the whole profile name thing. This is not Facebook. App was working fine before. Worst "Update" Ever!

0 Likes
ANGARE58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem...only certain contacts.  I went in to my application manager and then to the Message+ app...Disabled it (because you can't uninstall it), restarted my phone and repeated the process but Enabled it.  It worked.  Hope it works for you too.

0 Likes
AshtonS08

I am having similar issues but if I am away from wifi and I have my wifi turned on, it will not send messages unless I turn my wifi and data off.  this update is a disaster

0 Likes
misst3296
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is your wife your ICE contact?

0 Likes
PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

If she has the app but doesn't use it, have her go into the message+ app and enter "settings"...scroll down to delete her account. It will disable HER message+ allowing her to receive your texts as SMS messages on the app she uses. It will NOT delete your text history or hers on your device or on her device.  That is what my son did when we had the same issue. It worked.

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will it prevent them from using messages+ at all when you delete the account though? This morning I tried to disable messages+ and switch back to the regular message program that came with my phone, re-enabled notifications and everything and even restarted, but wasn't able to receive a single text message from anyone, message+ user or not. I had to switch back and started getting them again, but my phone has been unusually quiet today and I'm terrified I'm missing important stuff. I'm worried if I delete my account, or uninstall the updates, I'll run into even bigger problems. I'm having other massives issues with this app...my husband also uses messages+ and his individual messages to me are arriving styled as a chat, it'll say "from hubby, hubby to hubby" which is ridiculous. Also keeps erasing all the customizations, and suddenly has totally stopped playing vibrations or notifications for texts even when I reset everything to default. I noticed that these changes were applied before the app was even updated, I had to manually go to the store to update it and thought it would help but all it did was kind of hold on to the customizations for an hour longer...they still reset eventually. It's making me insane! How dare they do this to a perfectly great app!

0 Likes