Re: Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
ander997

I'm having the same problem, and also do not have another device listed for it to sync to. Agreed- turning off the notification does not solve the problem, it just stops the notification of the problem. Why is this happening, & what is it trying to sync to?

0 Likes
SUZUKI7501

This problem had started for me about a week ago and I agree with some of the other. I prefer to solve the problem rather than hide it by disabling the notification.

I attempted force close and clear cache but the problem returned the moment I used the app again.

I decided to do some house keeping and delete all failed message attempts from my conversations (the ones with the little warning symol), force close the app, and clear the cache. The problem has not yet returned.

If it does not return this time It would appear that the app is hanging on syncing the failed messages. I hope others can confirm these findings.

0 Likes
KSNOWDEN9714
Enthusiast - Level 1

New update fixes this, FYI!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, DROYER26! Thank you for reaching out to us today. We would be glad to help you in any way we can. Can you clarify further, what do you mean by same question as note 9? What exactly are you trying to sync? 

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wodahseht

I have the latest version and am still getting the syncing happening. So latest update didn't fix for me.

Also, regarding point by SUZUKI7501:

I don't have any failed/unsent message to delete, but I still experience the syncing thing. So I don't think that's all there is to it either (though I guess it's possible failed/unsent might cause it to happen more frequently).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any confusion, AZEqualizer. We know it's important to understand what's happening with your phone. What you're seeing on the phone is not a "mode". Android implemented changes to provide notification on your phone of service that are consuming background power on devices. This is why you see the notification since the update. Your phone is functioning as intended. By following Tidbits' steps on page one of this thread, you can learn how to disable the notification in the new Android environment. Does this help to clarify?

Eric_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DROYER26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure.  I am not concerned about the stopping the notices.  I am concerned why it is synching.  An earlier post mentioned that it is synching to additional devices if you have them added.  I do not.  What is it synching to, and how do I stop if from synching.  I know how to stop the notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AZEqualizer

We don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Have you updated the software for the Messaging+ application? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamNote9, I'd be happy to help expand on this question. To help me with that, I need a little background information. Are you using Verizon Messages to synch your messages at all with another device (like a tablet)?

In addition to the ability the to synch to another device, VZ Messages are synching with the online backup for your messages. You can then view your messages in My Verizon if something happened with your device. Since it's a background process, the latest Android updates inform you when that occurs. Did I explain that okay?

John_VZW

0 Likes
REBELKITTY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do we need to do to turn off message syncing all together?

0 Likes