Apps and Notifications

See all apps/Click on Message +

Click on Notifications

Scroll to Background Message Sync

Turn off/Uncheck

Re: Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
SJay19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my goodness, thank you!!! I've made so many calls to tech support and noone seems to have even heard of this issue despite the fact that there are tons of online inquiries. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your messages are working correctly at all times, we'll be glad to help. Do you normally use the Message+ app? Have you made any recent updates to the device or application?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
JokerKing76

There has been no change to by device since it started about 3-4 days ago. Is there a way to stop it from doing this? My past two phones did the same thing and I'm not sure why this is happening 

0 Likes
Dshopper

My husband and I have noticed this same thing in the past week. Didnt use to happen.  No recent phone upgrades or anything. 

0 Likes
the69candyman

If your turning off the notification to not see the pop up on your screen. That still does not resolve the problem or answer the question, as to why your messages are being sync. When this should only occur if you are using the Verizon Message+ App to sync your messages across multiple devices. So where is Verizon syncing your messages without your permission...

0 Likes
LISCAR39

Thank you!  It too bad someone who actually works at Verizon couldn't answer the question.  Glad you had a clear answer.

0 Likes
LouHodge511

What does sync message?

0 Likes
Script

I'm getting the same message,  too.

0 Likes
Kittytheoruh

I am having the same issue.  It began right after I texted a robo call asking what it wanted - it texted back a message that I deleted immediately but the syncing issue began almost immediately.  Now it sends a notification message emoji that says it's syncing daily - then clears at some point.

0 Likes