Re: Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JIMSCH0273, we are sorry to see that you are having problems with the Message+ notifications. It can be frustrating when the same notification does not go away. We are here to help and make sure that you get the best resolution possible. To be sure we are on the same page, tell us more, what is the make/mode of the phone you are using? Did you notice if anything changed with your phone before the problem started?

VictorC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DROYER26, I can certainly understand your sentiments about the syncing occurring on your Messages Plus, and want to ensure that we are able to get to the root of the issue. Since you are still receiving the syncing prompts on your device, have you checked to ensure that you are not signed into another device? You may be unknowingly signed into a previous phone. You may view the devices you are signed into using this pathway: Menu > Settings > Account > Manage Devices. Keep us posted with the results.

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DROYER26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazing. You are providing some of the worst customer support I have ever experienced. Had you taken the time to review this thread, you would have seen that I have already answered your question... TWICE.  I do NOT have any other devices synced.  I have already checked.  That is not the problem.

If you had read my LAST post you will see that I solved my own problem be deactivating message+.  I no longer use it as my messaging app. Your circular, ask the same questions, tell me that you are truly sorry I am experiencing this issue comments without providing any answers have made it clear that you don't know what the problem is, you don't take the time to read the comments, and you don't have a solution.

Please do not reply to me anymore. I have moved on to another messaging app that doesn't have this issue.

JIMSCH0273
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excellent response DROYER26. This forum is NOTHING  like the live responses that are given by Tech Coach. It really seems Verizon has stooped to an all time low and hired off-shore workers. The constant Non Answers are the give away. Generally they have first rate help via live conversations. If only supervisors and managers would handle this correctly...  I see a number of other issues end up with this very same result. Seems like a fault pattern.

Best of luck to you.

AHORRELL82

I am running Android Pi on a Pixel 3XL but this should work if you are running Android P. Open settings --> Apps and Notifications --> Message + --> notifications --> uncheck the box for background message syncing.

I am still receiving all notifications but the static notification for the background process is gone!

0 Likes
Broker651
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is doing this as well and i dont care about the notification. I wantvto know where and why messages are being synced. Where else are my sms messages being stored

mikechaz

Had the same notification.   Went to the app and force stop.  Then open app again and no more notification.

0 Likes
SlumBeautiful

But what does it mean? Are my messages being accessed by some unknown?

0 Likes
Sdungee7

I keep getting this notification as well. I have only been having this problem since I upgraded to the s10+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sdungee7, it's important to us that you know exactly what's going on with your phone. What messaging app do you use to on your s10+? Are you having any other issues with your device?

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes