Re: Message+ Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification
SamNote9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone ever figure out what it's syncing to? It's been on for 2 days. I know I can turn it off thanks to your helpful tips but what is it doing???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

naythor, I can certainly understand the confusion that may arise from seeing syncing messages on your Messages+ app. Help is here. As 3Mothers has shared, have you turned off background message syncing? 3Mothers confirms the steps as follows: "Open settings, choose Apps & Notifications.  Locate and choose Message+.  Locate and open App Notifications.  In there you should see Background Message Syncing.  Turn it off." This user has confirmed that these steps have resolved her issue with the background syncing prompts. Please try this step, let and us know the results. Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEECHETTE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if you got this resolved or not but i finally found the easiest way for me...since there is no dismissing it, if uou press and hold the notification it will allow u to change that setting

DROYER26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same question as SamNote9.  I can turn off the notification, but I am more interested in what is causing the synching that lasts so long?

AZEqualizer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Saying that something is fixed just because you turn it off doesn't mean it is fixed. This is a problem that has show up on my phone since the update to Android 8.0.0 security Patch Aug 1, 2018.  The phone (even after rebooting) will go into mode "Syncing Messages-Temporary Background Processing Notification" and never leave this mode other than turning the background syncing off or rebooting - after a reboot  it comes back in a short period of time and never goes away

TAMBUR0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just because you turn off notifications of a sync in the background doesn't mean you have stopped the sync in the background! The reason it is on in the background in the first place is because you message+ across a few devices. If you don't... As I don't... Here's how I actually turned it off rather than silencing the notification:

Open message+>> click the menu>>settings >>account>> manage devices>>

There are two sections under manage devices. 1 will be primary device... Which should be the phone you are using. 2 should be other connected devices. If you are only using message on your phone there shouldn't be any other connected devices. If there are press disconnect. That will completely disable the sync since there are no other devices to sync with.

0 Likes
Wodahseht

I only have a Primary Device, but am still getting syncing happening. And like others, I don't want to turn off notifications - I want to know why it's syncing, what it is syncing to, and how to stop it from happening. I do know that I've been able to interrupt/stop it in progress by doing a Force Stop on the app when I see it, but I don't want it happening at all.

0 Likes
RWood2011

Mine is the same as Wodahseht.

0 Likes
mamak2

I have a moto z force with Oreo with same nitification for several weeks. Resetting App fixed for a day or so. To fix permanently: press to open the notification on yr list of notifications> you will see a little switch to turn off > turn off > you will see a msg that you will no longer see these notifications

0 Likes
NKT_98239

That worked on my Note 9! Thanks!

0 Likes