Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
kact
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen! PLEASE fix this issue! kact

0 Likes
ZRO
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support  Is there a timeline to get this application up and running again?? Thanks...

JoEbY-X
Enthusiast - Level 2

What an utterly absurd response from Verizon. "Verizon Messages is not compatible with Windows 10." Then they ignore anyone who asks why it has been working fine until mid-August.

More importantly: Look at the "System Requirements" for Verizon Messages in the Microsoft Store. Funny, it says my device must have Windows 10 version 10240.0 or higher.

This nonsense that it's "not compatible" with Windows 10 is a bland talking point Verizon employees have been told to say. The answer is actually, "We don't know why it suddently stopped working so we have no idea how long it will take to fix it."

pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Jasper,

Most of us have uninstalled, reinstalled, switched back and forth from the downloadable version to the MS store version.  We've tried the horrible web site version, which looks like a broken relic from the 1990's.  I think it's time you coughed up the truth about what's going on and what the ETA for it all being fixed (including the web site).

Mbooher8787
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Jasper and all,

The Windows version of Message+ has been broken since mid-July.  I used Message+ daily on my  Windows 10 Pro Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and my Amazon Kindle.  It was a major partner in my IT and Logistics businesses, and allowed me to keep up with employees, customer and family from my ThinkPad.

From another link in this long thread, I found someone referencing an Android program called "Android Messages" from GitHub.  It syncs perfectly between my Note 9 on Verizon and my desktop.  Although it is not as "rich" as Verizon Message+, IT WORKS and I'm able to perform most of the functions that Message+ formerly provided me.

I have 10 (yes, that's ten) Verizon lines from Verizon with my business and three personal lines.  Therefore, I'm heavily invested in Verizon, and really can't change due to several of these lines are on specific devices which back up our internet backbone connection between my 4 warehouse locations across the country.  All that to say, as much as I am really ticked off at Verizon not fixing this, I can't move from their platform to another carrier.

However, I am more than pleased with Andriod Messages from Chris Knepper.  I'm using his desktop version 3.0.0 and I highly recommend it.  

You do need to have an Android phone, and then use the free Google Messages.  I'm on version 4.8.058 (Lizard_RC13) from the Google Play Store.

Yes, you can switch back and forth, as necessary, on a Samsung phone to use Message+ if you have the need.  For example, if I want to send a gift card to a contact, I switch back to Message+.  Then, I immediately switch back to Google Messages.

Meanwhile, Android Messages on my Win10 Desktop stays perfectly in sync.

Yes, I went through all the pains you've read about (uninstalling, re-installing, both phone, Win10 and other devices), spending a HUGE amount of time, only to finally learn this was a Verizon issue, and the Verizon techs in the "Community" were as worthless as belly-button lint.  They wanted to seem like they "cared," but I doubt any of them actually tried to simulate the issue, as evidenced by all the posts you've seen.

I'm sticking with Android Messages and Google Messages now to keep everything in sync, and keep up with all my employees, family and friends on my ThinkPad.  The Win10 download only took a few minutes.  Same with loading Google Messages.  You then scan a code which appears on your Win10 desktop, and you are instantly synced.  Such a pleasure again....!

Give it a try, and forget Verizon Message+ for a month or two - end your frustration.  I'm planning on checking back in 6 to 8 weeks, but may never switch back to Verizon Message+ again.  I'm very satisfied with the GitHub/Google solution!

davebeneteau
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, i noticed yesterday that a few new contacts started syncing with the messages app on my windows 10 desktop (My wife was the only contact that would consistently sync before), but not all.  This morning ive got more contacts yet that are syncing and havent had any contacts not sync.  Definitely not definitive... but maybe something is getting fixed?

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been suggested before.  Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab and install Your Phone from Microsoft.  There is an app to install on Android and probably iPhone.  It is as good as the previous Verizon Message Plus and it works.  Then just forget Message Plus!!!!

It is FREE.

RONC

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KBullard,

We always want to keep you informed. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. In the meantime, please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

Just in case: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPWREALESTATE, we understand the importance of making sure all of your important text messages are syncing seamlessly across all of your devices. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We do want to let you know that the Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and we are recommending that our customers utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the https://vz.to/2lG6fgY. The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Good day. I apologize for the confusion this has caused. The Message+ Verizon Messages and Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers.
The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes