Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message .

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

1. The Windoze Message + client and the MS Store Messages + have both either not synched at all or intermittently for a few weeks now.  2. The web page for Message + has ALWAYS been flaky, buggy, unreliable.  One message goes.  Next one says SENDING forever.  Unpredictable.  It can stop working in the middle of a text conversation - or hours later.  Resynch really doesn't.  If you F5 the page you get logged out.  When you log back in, if it doesn't suddenly ask a challenge question you never actually setup, it might work.  Or, the moment you start typing it does some form of page refresh.  So Verizon, your services is VERY expensive.  It would be really nice if this critical part of it actually worked!  And for now, a viable ETA towards a fix.

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

The website version (http://spr.ly/6606EC94m) is now working.  Hoorah!! 

RONC

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke too early as a second text I sent to myself never arrived even though the webpage said sending but never got to sent.

FIX THIS THING!!!!!!!!

RONC

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

This may be purely coincidental, but I began reporting SPAM SMS text messages late June and my last "Forward the text message to 7726" was 7/17/2019.

My Windows Verizon Messages apps started failing on or after 7/19/2019.

Might Verizon have been "hacked" and lost control??
I never got another SPAM text since the 7/17/2017 one.

example:
======
From: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
Received: 7/17/2019 1:52:26 PM
Type: SMS
Size: 661 Bytes
Message Source: Phone
UID: 952082991
Message Id: 20190717205226-1696573627
=== Message Text:
(Wells Fargo) http://bit.ly/2xTQFkB InfoWellsAuthSuspiciousActivity
======

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I've just rerun my test cases and again confirmed the accuracy of my matrix table (appended below).

And, Oh look! The bots have been released again!
Posting lies, as my test cases prove.
(Might this "big business" be using the current "playbook" of the RED political party? FAKE NEWS?)

Lie: "The Message+ application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers"
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions are received by my BlackBerry Z30 (415) number. Works!
The Verizon Messages app (Version 2.0.2.0) works fine in Windows 10 and receives a "sync" of ALL text messages sent from the Verizon Message+ app (Version 1.0.17.0) in Windows 7. Works!
The Verizon Message+ app (Version 1.0.17.0) works fine in Windows 7 and receives a "sync" of ALL text messages sent from the Verizon Messages app (Version 2.0.2.0) in Windows 10. Works!
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions "sync" to my iPad Air. Works!
ALL text messages sent for my (650) number from either Windows app versions "sync" to the Verizon "messaging web client" in either Windows 7 or 10. Works!
Only text originating from one of the Windows apps will show up in the other version Windows app. Nothing originating from any other source.

Lie: "The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues."
Verizon Messages (Version 2.0.2.0) is still offered by the Microsoft Store in Windows 10.

Half truth: "You can utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative..."
There are numerous posts here describing how that client falls short! Logs/times out. Resets itself in the middle of composing a message.

@lorenb_vzw
  (KinquanaH_VZW)
@anthonyc_vzw
@stephanniep_vzw

Re: Message plus not working on Computer
@KinquanaH_VZW
@alans_vzw

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know that being able to use the Messages Plus on your computer is essential, adannin! We are sorry to see that you are having trouble. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLMods, we apologize for your inconvenience, but

The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message .

The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution, we appreciate your patience.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to sync your messages with your Surface tablet is very convenient, auds6868. I'd be happy to go over some details. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. For now, the workaround is to use our online message client via your My Verizon account. Below is a link with steps to follow to send and receive messages via the online too:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/
I hope this helps. GregL_VZW

0 Likes
auds6868
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so dissappointed.  For years I have used Messages+ on my SurfacePro, Galaxy phone, iPad and Dell laptop.  I upgraded my phone to a Note and now texts I send from my phone due NOT sync to the Windows10 Surface pro.  Only what originates from the desktop app show up on the phone.  From the phone, a new first text never shows up on the desktop app.  My husband had this issues years ago and never used your app.  I loved it, but now I am literally less productive until I get my family, friends and key co-workers on Signal...  grrrr.  It seems this problem will never be solved.  My first Vz let down since 1997.

0 Likes