Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with Message+, HeidiMcCullough. I know how handy this feature is and I'm happy to help explain what is going on to clear up why you are having these confusing experiences. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. http://spr.ly/6603ENVyJ The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Mbooher8787
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally some information - thank you for letting us know what is going on Ryan.

Really weird because I have been using Message+ for the past several years on my Windows 10 machines.

Please keep us posted as to when the new Win10 application is available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/  The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Well, imagine that.

Only took a month to get their act together and acknowledge "Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers".
Although the same 2 versions (1.0.17.0 on Windows 7 and 6.8.5 on Windows 10) had been working for many years. Mine both synced dependably up to July 19, 2019.

It would have been helpful if @vzw_customer_support had acknowledged this earlier and saved us mere Members (paying customers!) the grief of messing around trying to install, uninstall, Disconnect, etc.!

Wasting all our time (we are not getting paid!) troubleshooting, when someone at Verizon knew about the problem, doesn't show much respect for their paying customers.

Then again, what current companies actually demonstrate that they DO value their customers?
Their source of income?

Disappointed, John.

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

@PamD_VZW,

The "Windows Desktop application" is still being offered in the Microsoft Store.

It has NOT been "temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues".

Perhaps you meant "the Verizon messaging servers were blocked from sending SMS text down to any Windows client" at some (secret, unannounced) date?

We've all known about your web-based "Verizon Messages" option. Very poor replacement for the Message+ app.

We'll all look forward to the "Message+ team" developing a "resolution".

John

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

And, I might add, a pain in the butt to use, and, amazingly, the last message from Verizon proper, which shows on my phone, dfoesn't show on the web based spot, but, to their credit, all my other messages are showing up there.

This is the most messed up support fiasco I have been involved with...

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

I just put a shortcut on my desktop for the online texting, jeesh...

0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

"@vzw_@vzw_customer_support wrote:

So sorry to hear about the issues with Message+, HeidiMcCullough. I know how handy this feature is and I'm happy to help explain what is going on to clear up why you are having these confusing experiences. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. http://spr.ly/6603ENVyJ The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

RyanM_VZW"

Wow.  The first post on this thread was in March.  5 Months later, this is all you have?  You should be getting us a month's credit of service for all of the customers' time you've been wasting on this issue.  Terrible.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support, @PamD_VZW  I opened the https://web.vma.vzw.com website for access to Verizon Messaging and it STILL DOES NOT SYNC my messages to my contact using a Galaxy Core Prime phone on MagicJack/Ymax mobile.  Their messages to me are sync'ed fine but mine NOT.  Both directions are sync'ed on my Droid Turbo 2 on the VZW account.   Also, my messages to an iPhone on VZW were NOT sync'ed before on the desktop app and they ARE STILL NOT SYNC'ed on the web site access.  SAME ISSUE ON YOUR WORKAROUND AS THE 'INCOMPATIBLE DESKTOP APP' FOR ME.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Another ANNOYING 'feature' of the web site messaging access is the web site TIMEOUT.  After a few minutes of inactivity (same as general vzw.com web access) you are LOGGED OUT and have to log back in to stay connected to messaging.  Not helpful when monitoring for incoming messages.

If anyone has any solution to this TIMEOUT, let me know.  I use multiple browsers with the same issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...