Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TKreynolds, getting this up and running is a must. Do you have multiple devices being synced or only one? Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect it? For instruction click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83485/. - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Johnmav
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and talked to a technician for over an hour. The technician wasn't aware that message+ was even available for the PC (Windows 10). We disconnected and reconnected, uninstalled and reinstalled, and a few other steps that I had already tried on my own half a dozen times.

He asked me to restart my phone and said that he would call me back. He never called back. This has been very frustrating!

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Today, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, the Verizon Messages app for Android has been updated from 6.8.8 to 6.9.0.

On Monday, August 12, 2019 the Verizon Message+ app for Apple iOS was updated from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2.

After updating the app and rebooting each of my affected devices, I ran my send/receive/sync tests again.

I updated my Verizon Messages failure spreadsheet matrix with the new app version numbers (appended below).

There has been ONE CHANGE to the SUCCESS/FAILURE results as tabulated in my original spreadsheet matrix.
The Windows apps now FAIL to sync to Verizon Messages on their web page.

Verizon is doing something, but sadly they have not restored, but ADDITIONALLY DAMAGED, functionality that worked for years before 19 July 2019 (at least for me).

Thanks Verizon, your Windows functionality has been flushed down the toilet!

Verizon Messages failure matrix_e.png

JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm also having the same issue and would like to know when there is a resolution.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your app to function as it should. To report this issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Message+ app.
  2. Click Menu > Settings > Account.
  3. Report a bug.

BrittanyC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
donmol

Exactly same problem.

0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I reported the bug on the phone app, but there is no way to do it on the Windows 10 desktop app.  

The Windows 10 app doesn't sync properly. Sometimes it works and syncs fine, all the messages are the same across devices. Other times some messages sent on the Windows 10 app don't show on my phone and some sent from my phone don't show on the Windows 10 app. Today seems even worse where most of the phone messages are not syncing with the app and vice versa. I tried reinstalling the Windows 10 app and no luck.

0 Likes
Steig

SAME problem....running Windows 10....stopped syncing from teh phone to the computer on 8/9/2019 or so.. 

running Windows 10 on teh laptio....Running Messenger + Version 2.0.2.0

Samsung phone....Droid....running MEssanger _ 6.9.0

0 Likes
PDBrown
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've been scouring the forums looking for a resolution to this (apparently widespread) problem and coming up empty. Seems like VZW isn't even at the point of realizing/admitting there's a problem much less offering any meaningful help. My sync outage has been ongoing since the 10th, and the fact that other people report different - but close - dates makes me think VZW may be a victim of the most recent Microsoft system update. I'm only now reaching that conclusion so I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet, but the theory fits the available evidence (e.g., around the same date but not exactly, Windows inbound/pull sync only, clueless VZW Support). If I'm right then we're dependent on either VZW developing and pushing an update (and who knows how long that might take) or on someone finding/creating a client-side workaround...
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

So now, the Windows 10 desktop app is not receiving any messages.  When I send from the the desktop, they do not show up on my phone, but it seems like they are received on the other end becasue I've been getting replies.

Syncing on the Windows 10 app has been sketchy for a long time.  It doesn't seem like Verizon is taking the issue seriously at all.  

0 Likes