My devices quit syncing yesterday.
Samsung Note 9
Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop
iPad Mini 4th gen
Asus R5 laptop
There were a few other laptops as well (My Lenovo is my carry laptop, and I keep others at work/home that I use on a regular basis - I generally will use two computers at once depending on what's going on) but the ones I listed above are my "Go-To" daily devices.
I see the issues started with many of you weeks ago; and like all of you, I tried uninstalling, removing computers/devices from my account/adding them back on. No Joy.
I've had issues in the past, but generally was able to circument it by changing the router/AP I was logged on to (I work in the hotel industry, and each hotel has several networks to tag, depending on if you're a guest, employee, management, security, IT, etc). This latest issue has affected all connections, from home, work, and the different hotels I address. Like many of you who depend on messaging for work, the issue is a real downer - I do prefer to text from my computer, as some days the volume of messages I receive allows me to address them quicker from a device with a keyboard. This capability is what won me over more than any other benefit that the other providers offered - and I've come to depend on it. For me, text messaging addresses money, employee concerns, scheduling, and emergencies.
Does Verizon not care about their customers? In some of these threads regarding this issue, having each new rep constantly asking the same question or giving the same advice gives an illusion that they don't. For many of you, this has been a concern that has spanned weeks. Either fix the issue, or tell us that you're discontinuing the service so we can move on and find other vendors that CAN provide us a suitable service, and quit blowing smoke.
Ok. Let's try this to get some movement on getting this issue resolved. Everybody experiencing this issue:
1. Call Customer Care: 800-922-0204
2. Ask for Tech Support
3. Ask them to open case/ticket for "Integrated Messaging Message+ sync issues on desktop app"
If enough of us call in and open cases/tickets maybe we'll hear something that is being done or at least identified as a 'known issue'.
Same problem, just started last weekend after months of working. I've tried every setting, uninstall, reinstall, disconnect, reconnect: nothing changes. I'm looking for another messages app. This is unacceptable.
I have exact same issue. Win10 app not syncing since 8/10/19 after years of smooth sailing. Verizon Messages+ apps on my iPad and Macbook Pro sync fine.
Here are some of my observations -
1. as a workaround on Win10 PC, I am now using browser based messaging. Not as slick as app, but at least it is live on your desktop. Go to verizon.com, log in, click "Account" on upper right and then click "Text Online"
2. A friend kept texting me on demand to help diagnose. The Win10 app is connected bcs I can see the "Jane Doe is typing..." alert on the Win10 app as she is texting me. Then the incoming text displays on all my devices EXCEPT Win10
3. I think this has to do with a broken "Read/Unread" server setting. No message will display on Win10 that is considered "Read". Technically all of our incoming messages are "Read" bcs they are displaying on other devices. The only test I can imagine would be to have a Win10 device ONLY with messages+ app but that is impossible bcs you need a primary phone
4.. here is last response from FB message I have going with VZ support today -
"We are aware that others have been impacted. In my internal resources, I was able to locate an investigation started for the same syncing issues. I have added your feedback to the ticket and escalated your experience. Our technicians are investigating this behavior and we will provide an update once additional information becomes available. Thank you for your patience. - Akane"
Thank you for those details. Other than Message Plus not syncing with Windows 10, is everything else working correctly with the app? AlbertP_VZW
We know your time is valuable Phnichols. I know you rely on your messages to sync with your Windows 10 computer. You have reached the right person to help you. What happens when you try to send or receive a text via the app on your computer? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW