Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see you're unable to sync Messages Plus with Windows 10, and we are here to help especially because you've tried multiple versions of Windows. Please tell us, is the app working properly on your mobile device? Also, please try unsubscribing and subscribing for this service once again. This will help us make sure that your service is in sync with the actual app. You can do this by going to the Menu icon at the top-left corner of the app, then Settings, and Unsubscribe.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Oh my gosh, yet another @vzw_customer_support member (I count 17 so far) @geovannj_vzw who has NOT READ THE POSTS.

How can these @vzw_customer_support "members" be anything but BOTS?

"please try unsubscribing and subscribing for this service once again" which others have already tried and reported: DID NOT WORK!

@geovannj_vzw, please try reinitializing the Verizon "integrated messaging service" after you've rolled back any updates applied on or after 19 July 2019.

Do let us know when you've completed that and we'll be more than happy to try running our test cases again.

John

0 Likes
mbooher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon all,

Good afternoon all,

I was following this issue on a couple of other threads.  My Message+ has been unable to keep in sync for the past week.  I did all the same "fixes" everyone else has done - uninstall, re-install, remove devices from account, etc.  Nothing worked.  

But, as of right now (17:15pm Pacific Time on Saturday, August 3, 2019), EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND NORMAL AGAIN, at least for my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 and my iPhone SE!  

It seemed to start syncing again around 14:00pm Pacific Time this afternoon.

All three of my platforms are in sync now - not sure what Verizon did, but it is working for me.

I hope it is now working for everyone else!

Blessings,

Matthew

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

I was delighted to read Matthew's (Member mbooher) report that "as of right now (17:15pm Pacific Time on Saturday, August 3, 2019), EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING AND NORMAL AGAIN".

With hope in my heart, beginning about 18:05:00 PDT Saturday, August 03, 2019, I ran my send/receive/sync tests again.
As I too am in the Pacific Time Zone, I thought I'd be served by the same or similarly updated Verizon "integrated messaging service" servers as Matthew's devices.

I am disappointed to report that my results have NOT changed.
The 8x8 matrix of results of my Send/Receive/Sync Verizon Messages conversations (SMS text) remains unchanged.
Exactly the same send/receive/sync results as in my original spreadsheet matrix (appended below).

I then spent (WASTED, as Verizon is not paying for my time) additional hours on my Windows 10 Home laptop: Disconnecting/Rebooting/Connecting, reviewing Conversation threads in, Uninstalling/Rebooting/Installing, and again reviewing Conversation threads in Verizon Messages (v2.0.2.0).

During these cycles, the Conversations were "deleted" and "reloaded" from the servers and the same "last successfully synced message was still 7/19/2019 - 2:11 PM PDT".

When I sign in to my Account on Verizon's website and go to Account : Text Online, ALL messages subsequent to 7/19/2019 - 2:11 PM PDT are there (see appended screen capture), including the tests I just ran, inspired by Matthew's post.

Matthew (Member mbooher), might you be willing to try sending a message from your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or iPhone SE (whichever is your Primary Verizon cell number) to a cell number different from yours, receive a reply back from that other cell number, and then check if your Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 correctly synchronizes both sides of that Conversation thread?
May we assume that your ThinkPad is updated to a recent/current version of Windows 10 Pro?

If that does work, perhaps we can discover how your environment differs from mine.

If your situation has actually changed from "unable to keep in sync" to "working now", I can hold on to some hope that my situation may still get resolved.

John

Web 2019-08-03_a.png

Verizon Messages failure matrix_c.png

0 Likes
dle31353
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jafauske - while not as savvy and thorough as you, I, too, read Matthew's report with hope as my Win10 IdeaPad, Samsung Tablet, and Moto Z Play Droid have not synced consistently for at least a month as I've followed this thread. Yesterday, it stopped completely after a text exchange in the morning. I uninstalled/reintalled, etc. etc. No luck. I'll keep hope alive as I continue to follow smarter people like you....

0 Likes
CATCRAW
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ran some tests as well and reinstalled and still no sync to PC.  I also looked on Verizon Web Texts and my text messages do not show up there either.  The only devices that sync are my android phone and tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your messages sync to your computer as needed. Let's review this more in detail. Please try removing the Message+ application from your computer. Once you have completed this please try installing this again on your computer and test. We will be standing by for your results. 

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I, for one, am NOT going to remove the Message+ app from my computer until I hear from the Verizon Messaging Group who are troubleshooting this issue.  Until they identify where the issue may lie and provide a fix I'm not meddling with my platform.  @vzw_customer_support @jasperm_vzw   HAS ANYBODY IN YOUR GROUP CONTACTED THE MESSAGING GROUP?????

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how frustrating this would be. Please use the following steps below, to report this issue:

1. Open the Message+ app.
  2. Click Menu > Settings > Account.
  3. Report a bug.

Alternatively, you can submit the feedback by visiting one of the following Apps and selecting the option to email the developer:

• App page on the Play Store for Android devices 
  • App Store for iOS devices 

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @brittanyc_vzw  I have done that several times with no response as of yet or even an acknowledgement of the issue and investigation.  Are you able to get a response from the Messaging Team via that method?  I would think your group would have a (better) communication path that would work as reporting bugs appears NOT.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes