Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has released an upgrade of Messages for Android from 6.8.5 to 6.8.8.
I reran my test send/receive between my devices.
The results remain identical. The sync failures continue.

Between thread: Message plus not working on Computer
And thread: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
We've had responses from @vzw_customer_support members:
@amberf_vzw
@aarons_vzw
@kevinm_vzw
@lorenb_vzw
@nicholek_vzw
@NicoleR_VZW
@pamelaf_vzw
@steveng_vzw
@ubaldoj_vzw

But, so far, no confirmation that any of them have replicated the issue.
And no solutions have been offered.
Wondering if these might just be "BOTS"?

Verizon Messages failure matrix_c.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Message+ concerns are not what we want for you, CATCRAW. I understand you've addressed this issue previously. To clarify, are you experiencing the same issues at this time? 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the continuing issues you have been experiencing with Message+ not syncing correctly on your Windows 10 computer, mlewis81. We definitely want to make sure that this is taken care of for you and for the other customers who are also experiencing this issue. Just so that we can see this from your eyes, can you please describe what is happening that tells you that it is not syncing consistently? How long has this been happening for? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
LymanT2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON TECHS

READ THE fudging POSTS!

ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED IN GREAT DETAIL IN THIS THREAD ALL READY!

YOU INSULT US AND DEMEAN YOURSELVES WHEN YOU POP UP ^ PAGES INTO AT THREAD AND SAY< "PLEASE TELL US WHAT'S HAPPENING>"

JEEZ

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are having some issues with Message+ not synching correctly with all your devices, jloveland. We are committed to resolving this issue as soon as possible for you. You mention that you updated the system software on Android on 7/27. Did you start having this issue right after the phone's Android software update?

It is critical that we isolate this issue as much as possible to ensure that we provide the best troubleshooting option.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Milton
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. It was after my PC updated the Windows 10 OS. I am having no issues on my phone. 

ooops! I thought this was meant for me. I dont see an option to delete it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We currently are having an issue with the updates for that app. We have a temporary work around for this time Being: uninstall updates to Verizon Messages (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates), you can also use your default messaging app for the phone till the concern has been addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if this helps. EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes
studey
Enthusiast - Level 2

EdgarT_VZW,

Are the steps that you're describing on our phone or in Windows?  I'm actually running Windows 7, so I'm guessing my steps are a bit different than described (if it's in Windows).  

Has anyone else tried these steps?  jafauske?

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

My apologies Member studey,

I have not tried resetting/reinstalling Messages(+) on any of my 6 devices.
I have only updated Messages+ on my 2 Android devices (6.8.5 to 6.8.8).
I'm hoping/waiting for any of the @vzw_customer_support members to show some evidence that they've ACTUALLY READ our posts and my "send/receive matrix".

My theory/understanding of how Verizon Messages works is that none of our installed apps actually "talk" to each other.

Whichever app we use, sends our text to the Verizon servers and their "apps" check their list of our "Devices registered with integrated messaging service", then send the "message packet" out first to the intended "recipient" and then to each of our other devices, in turn, to keep them all in "sync".

Both my Android devices sync with each other and my 3 Windows(7 and 10) devices sync with each other, but none of the Android devices syncs with any of the Windows devices.
Somehow, my Apple device and Verizon Web sync FROM all other devices, but neither will sync TO any Windows device!
My guess is that the Verizon Maintenance Analysts/Programmers are unable to understand how their "integrated messaging service" processes the "Devices registered with" matrix.

I don't believe our "client" apps have anything to do with this FAILURE.

John

studey
Enthusiast - Level 2

.@EdgarT_VZW

I've actually just tried the suggested steps and it had absolutely zero impact.  It did make Message+ ask me a list of preference questions as though it were newly installed, but that's it. 

Frankly I didn't really expect it to help considering that it's my belief that the issue is with the Verizon servers.  For some reason the server(s) won't synch any messages that were received more recently than a week or two ago with the Windows app.  It synchs messages older than that and it send messages, so the communication isn't completely broken between the two.  It's as if there's some global setting on the Verizon servers.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for that information. We currently are having an issue with the updates for that app. We have a temporary work around for this time Being: uninstall updates to Verizon Messages (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates), you can also use your default messaging app for the phone till the concern has been addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if this helps. EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes