Message Plus draining battery
DAVFAI78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message Plus is draining my battery in less than one day by 70%.    How do I fix this issue?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message Plus draining battery
MRDOGMAC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue. I checked the version I was running by going to Settings - Applications - Application Manager - Message+.  I was running version 6.4.1.  I then went to the Google Play store and searched on Message+ and saw that there was a version 6.4.1111.  I installed that version, and the update fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mavic
Enthusiast - Level 1

it's killing my battery also.. just started yesterday or this morning..

0 Likes
DAVFAI78
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone seems fine but my wifes started this morning.  I fully charged it just now and I guess we'll see.  So far it doesn't seem to be using battery anymore.  I shut it off, recharged to 100%, then left it on.

0 Likes
KEV5551

I have the same question it all started today(3/22/2017). Message+ is killing by battery. It is using 53%. I cleared all messages and also did a "clear data". Did not solve nothing

0 Likes
BostonAccent

I've had the same issue and had to switch to another message app bc it takes all day to charge.  It started a few days ago with crashing and now extreme battery drain.  Obviously something was done by Verizon so I hope they fix this SOON

0 Likes
BostonAccent

I've tried restarting several times totally rebooting a couple of times.  No success.  Probably has something to do with the fact my phone is 91% paid off and they want me to get another.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BostonAccent wrote:

I've tried restarting several times totally rebooting a couple of times. No success. Probably has something to do with the fact my phone is 91% paid off and they want me to get another.

It has nothing to do with that...the latest updates to Verizon Messages have been problematic for many.  Go to Settings --> Apps --> scroll to Messages+ and uninstall updates.  Turn off auto update.  Clear cache.  Reboot the phone.  Once a stable release is issued, update the app.  In the meantime, by uninstalling the updates, the app should work.

0 Likes
BostonAccent

Excellent, thank you so much! I'll try that.

Brenna

0 Likes
WilliamGumby

I noticed this problem since yesterday 3/22/17 on either WiFi or 4G-LTE.  Message+ was the culprit, 1GB of memory according to Advanced Task Manager, continuous 34Kbps UP and 22Kbps DOWN network activity according to System Panel, draining battery all day and night.

I followed SuzyQ's advice to uninstall Message+ updates but I got "Replace this app with the factory version?  All data will be removed" CANCEL or OK.  I decided to abort since this warning seems to indicate that all of my text messages, photos and MMS will be gone forever.

On Google Play Store, I saw an update to Message+ 6.4.10 ( 3/21/17 update ).  Message+ is now using only 61MB instead of 1GB of memory, network utilization 0Kbps UP, 0Kbps DOWN on either WiFi or 4G-LTE.

0 Likes
DAVFAI78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never had a problem with my phone but my wife's phone would crash when I tried to analyze the battery usage for message plus.  It had used most of the battery in less than a day.  I shut it off, fully charged the phone, then turned it back on.  It seems to be using a normal amount of battery now, I imagine it was a software glitch and may have been corrected in an update.There WAS an update for Verizon messages this morning.  Maybe it is fixed now.

0 Likes