Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @NicoleR_VZW any advice on how to get the app on my watch?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, aprayiii, we appreciate your response. Please verify if you have attempted to use your native messaging app (that came on your device) instetad of Message+ on the watch, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @stephanniep_vzw thanks. Yes, when I use the Google message app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging) it installs on my watch and works perfectly.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you StephannieP_VZW for your assistance in this matter...but this problem isnt caused by some sort of minor glitch with the Verizon App.  This issue is a Software Issue.   The Verizon Message Plus App is NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with Google's Smartwatch Software.  This problem is way beyond your area of expertise and can only be solved at The Verizon App Developers Level (If The Verizon Executives Authorize a fix)...

If you really want to help the many thousands of Verizon Customers affected by this issue...Please put pressure on your bosses, so that they can authorize your App Developers to work with Google Software Engineers and GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED!!...

Thank you for your Time:

Jog

aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Yes... Exactly. At this point I have found that the Google messages app has the main feature that I wanted from Message+ which is a web browser version that stays in sync with my phone. So my motivation to go back to Message+ is lowered even if it is fixed. That said - if Message+ had never stopped working I never would have even tried Google messages and I would not be a lost customer for Message+.

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Any update?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm starting to realize that Verizon has No Financial Incentive to resolve this issue.  Currently, Verizon is already making a profit by sellingThe Samsung Galaxy LTE Watch.  For those who don't know; Samsung Smartwatches ARE NOT Android Watches, Samsung uses their own smartwatch software, called Tizen.  The Samasung Tizen Software IS COMPATIBLE with The Verizon Message Plus App.  Therefore, there isnt any real incentive for Verizon to solve this issue; because they're already making a profit selling Samsung Smartwatches.  The only incentive Verizon has to resolve this issue, is a Moral Obligation  "TO DO RIGHT BY THEIR CUSTOMERS" (LOL!!...Don't Make Me Laugh!🤔)

I really hope my that I'm Wrong in my assessment of Verizon...But I Highly Doubt It!!

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hm. Well, @stephanniep_vzw any update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back, Aprayiii. At this time the app is not compatible. You'll need to use the native app that comes with the watch. Do you have any trouble when using Messages+ on your phone? 

You can review the compatibly on this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ We hope this helps. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you  "AaronS_VZW"  for your response, but myself and the rest of the viewers on this thread are already aware that the Message Plus App isn't compatible with Google's Smartwatch Software ( Wear OS ).  What we want to know....Is Verizon going to do anything to resolve this issue?!?...If So....Then what is the approximate time line this issue will be resolved?..