Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
TMAllocco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue .up until my Michael Kors smartwatch did the wear OS update my messages were coming thru. After the update, I cannot download the message+ app to my watch. It shows on my phone as apps pushing to watch but the coorespcorres app is not seen on my watch like it was before update. The only thing I can find is an app called messages for Android OS (Android wear) but I want to continue to use the message + app not a new one .

Anyone have an answer so I don't have to scroll thru 40 coemts? 😕

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Urquie, I'm truly sorry to learn of your experience. We want to make sure we can find you a resolution. I want to ensure we are on the same page. Can you tell me more about what you mean by returned text message? Are the messages you're deleting loading back onto the device? Please provide more information, we want to help. 

ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
tvferraro
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is crazy, why can't I continue to use Message+ on my watch.  I tried to search for it in the wear store, and now it just says that it is not avalible for my device.  I have a TicWatch E. That is the only messageing app I have ever found that I liked, and now I can't use it on my watch!!!  Come on Verizon, help me out here!!!!

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's April 2019 and this issue still has not been resolved by Verizon even though this problem started in 2018 or maybe even earlier.

Verizon Message+ is garbage if Verizon is not going to properly support it and get it working on Android Wear.

jdhatpha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Message+ IS compatible with SmartWatches, the problem is that installing it is unusual!

See: Re: Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo

With Message+ on my ASUS ZenWatch 2, I can Send/Receive text messages just fine!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Dear Verizon Rep:  Do you have an update  on the status  of the disabled Integreated Calling feature within the Verizon Message Plus App...I'm guessing you probably can't give me an answer on whether or not The Message Plus App  "WILL EVER"  be compatible with Wear OS, but you should at least be able to tell me if Integrated Calling will be Enabled Again for tablet use (at least that's a start)....

A Prompt and Accurate Response would be Greatly Appreciated....Thanx!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277, I completely understand wanting to get an update as to the future of the Integrated Calling ability in Message+. I'm the same way, wishing for as much information as I can get. Right now the calling feature is still disabled, as we are working on resolving technical issues the feature had and ensure our customers have a good experience using the service. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, and are actively working to make this feature available again at some point in the future. Once more information on the feature is available, we'll be sure to share it.

As you can imagine, we want to ensure that technology and features we're offering can work as best as possible. Sometimes, this results in us taking more time to get it right. We appreciate your patience while we're working on this so that we can make it better.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your timely response, but this Integrated Calling Issue has been a problem since December of 2017, so It's fair to say that myself as well as other customers have been more than patient with this issue........

Please be honest; is Verizon actually working on resolving this issue or am I being fed a bunch of Red Tape; in order to keep me quiet?....If Verizon is really working on this issue, do you at least have an approximate timeline when this issue will be resolved (we've waited long enough...don't cha think?)...?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

GREAT NEWS!!....This morning (5/7/2019) around 11am....Verizon Reactivated the Integrated Calling feature in the Verizon Message App!!  Now all Android Tablet users can go back to making phones calls from their tablets using their Verizon Cell Phone Number...

Thanx Verizon for your help!!😀

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does the calling feature have to do with the fact that the Message+ is not available for WearOS (smartwaches)? The fact that calling feature has been added is not a solution to this topic

0 Likes