Mass moving pics to SD Card
Bogleboyd

How can I mass move all the pics on my phone over to the SD Card? My replacement should be here today but I don't know how to move everything so that I can take it with me.  This goes for Office docs, sounds, text, email also. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mass moving pics to SD Card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If your phone is the LG Ally as listed in your profile, all your pictures should already be on the sd card. The LG Ally doesn't have enough internal memory to store pictures taken with the phone's camera. You can check by safely removing the sd card from the phone and reading the contents of the sd card on a computer using a card reader.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Office docs, custom sounds will also be on the sd card..

Email just requires you to add the account to the new phone.

Text messages will need an application from the Market. I like SMS Backup and Restore. The app saves your sms messages to your sd card through its backup function. Then you transfer the sd card to the new phone and reinstall the app on the new phone. You would open the application and then restore the messages.

You also need to verify your contacts are saved to your gmail account. If not you should be able to export the contacts to the sd card. Open the contacts application and press menu. You should have an option for exoort/import.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mwbusa

Listen - why do people here keep  saying that the ALLY doesn't store pics internally??  I've had this phone for over 2 yrs.  When I plug the cable into my laptop to view/delete pics from the DCIM folder, the only pics that show are the ones on the SD  card.  When I remove the SD card I can still  see the OTHER pics in the phone's gallery (when the phone is NOT plugged into my laptop).  Clearly these pics  exist/reside somewhere..... and the "details" option only tells me that the location is "unknown"....?? really, so how can I see the pics if the SD card is out and the phone doesn't know where they are??  I  want to delete these......

0 Likes