MMS not going through
robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last night I had to attempt to send a picture message 3 times before it was actually delivered.  I am using the Messages+ app on a Samsung Galaxy S5.  I was at home and connected to wifi (and I live in an area with poor Verizon cell coverage).  I could send and receive normal text messages with the same contact during the same period of time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS not going through
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS uses the cellular connection, not wifi.  So if you are in a poor connection area, you will have issues sending MMS.  SMS can use the wifi, MMS won't.  It all counts as text messages, not data, but it does need the data connection to send (and receive).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS uses the cellular connection, not wifi.  So if you are in a poor connection area, you will have issues sending MMS.  SMS can use the wifi, MMS won't.  It all counts as text messages, not data, but it does need the data connection to send (and receive).

0 Likes
Dmd42

Can’t send or receive mms from or to phones other than iPhone. Since changing data plan. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes