Re: Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not sure if you know this, but this whole issue with Android Oreo, could've been avoided...Here's How.....In the beginning of 2017 Verizon was supposed to release a Verizon Edition of the LG Watch Sport, but then Verizon GOT GREEDY and cancelled production. Verizon then decided to come out with their own in house smartwatch called the Wear-24.  The Wear 24 allowed Verizon to maximize their GREED and keep all profits on the watch in house.  The Wear 24 Watch ended up being a failure.  It was a poorly designed overpriced piece of [removed]...Which is why, no one bought it.  Had Verizon originally decided not cancel production of  Verizon Edition LG Watch Sport...All of These Future isssues with Andriod Wear would've been AVOIDED..

Verizon’s LG Watch Sport has been canceled - The Verge

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
NBAV0509
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jogo277 is 100% correct, how are we the only ones bringing up this issue. The verizon messages+ app is not compatible now with wearables.  you used to be able to see the app on the listing with the other apps. Now you cant i updated yesterday.

Does your IT and development team not test before upgrades are rolled out? Seriously, Didnt someone update to oreo and send a message over and wow it didnt work? This is so elementary. I want a phone call about this and an date of resolution. Do not write did i turn it off just save yourself the time

Neil

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Have you gotten a response from Verizon?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I got tired of waiting around for either Verizon or Google to do anything about this problem.  So I started doing research on my own, and began looking into this new Messaging & Calling App called Pulse (developed by Luke Klinker). It can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.  This App works similar to the Verizon Message + App.  It's a messaging app which allows shared messaging between all portable devices. It also allows you to make phone calls through the app.  Another great feature of this app, is that it interfaces with the Verizon Message App and allows users to use their original phone number for texting & calling.  This app can be used in conjunction with the Verizon App, without it being set as the default messaging app.  And it's one of the few messaging apps, that's actually VISIBLE on any LG Watch Sport running on Andriod Wear Oreo...Just download this app on your phone and smartwatch

While this app does offer calling features, the calling features only seem to work from the cell phone, it doesn't seem allow cellular calling from the smartwatch.  This app works only in Bluetooth Mode while your watch is connected to your phone, and this app must be left open and running on your phone, in order to receive texts on your watch. Use of this App is free for the 1st. 7 days, then there's 99 cents monthly charge..

I've been using this app for the past few days, with no issues.  While this app isn't a permanent fix; it at least allows Verizon users on Android Wear Oreo, to receive and respond to text messages from their watch..

Taking some action now..Is a lot better than waiting around for a solution from Verizon or Google; which MAY never happen...

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

There's a rumor floating around on the internet, on the possible upcoming release of a Google  Wear OS / Android Wear 3.0 Update.  Is this rumor true?...And If So..Will you be working with Google to ensure that this new update will be compatible  with the Verizon Message Plus App?....A prompt response would be greatly appreciated...Thanx.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277, at this time, we don't have any information regarding a Google Wear OS/Android Wear 3.0. I can only recommend checking with Google directly or click the link provided for the latest information on software updates. http://spr.ly/6586Dkl6r

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Unfortunately, the link you provided does not contain an update for the LG Watch Sport.  I guess I will have to wait on this rumored release of the Wear OS 3.0 and hope it's compatible with the Verizon Message Plus App.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Do you know the current status of Verizon's resolution to this problem; of their message app not being compatible with the Android Wear Software?  Can I get an update on this resolution or an estimated time frame on when this issue will be resolved?

cynkron
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not fixed.  Multiple Verizon customer support representatives have promised that updates would fix it but it's been almost a year since I first had the problem.  The functionality of Verizon Message+ has multi-device syncing functionality that is not duplicated in any other text app because Message+ is integrated with Verizon's cloud.  It's shameful that Verizon hasn't fixed this and is not transparent about their plans in this regard.

SCBreeze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping the Android Pie update would fix this problem, but STILL not fixed.  I've checked in the Wear OS app that Message+ is in the Notifications list, and is switched on, but NO text messages are getting sent to my Android Wear device -- in this case a Huawei Watch.  

If it weren't for the Auto-Replies for Driving feature, I'd go back to the Samsung Messages app, which works fine with my watch.  

Come on VZW -- this is ridiculous.  Please fix!

0 Likes