Issue with messages delivered via @vtext.com
Kyle_R

Hello, 

My team at work relies on a script to deliver SMS Text msg alerts to our Verizon phones.  All phones are Motorola Barrage V860s

The alerts are being sent as plain-text emails (No formatting, no HTML, etc) to our Verizon phone via number@VTEXT.COM

For well over a year this has been working perfectly and without issue, however after 6/01/2012 - all of the messages delievered via number@VTEXT.COM have extra line feeds inserted and the messages appear "double spaced".  The issue was noticed by all 8 members of my team at the same time beginning after June 1st, 2012.  (All of the TXT messages we'd received up until 6/1/2012 are formatted normally, and everything after that date is double-spaced)

We have ruled out this being caused by the script sending the emails, and the same issue occurs if we try manually sending a plain-text email, or send an email using another email client (i.e. from our personal phones / gmail / etc)  Additionally, I spoke with someone in Verizon's technical support dept and the agent tested by sending an email to his own personal Verizon phone - he said he experienced the same thing (the message appeared double spaced) He said he was opening a ticket with the Network team and that I should recieve a call back in 48-72 hours.   It has been several weeks now and we've never heard back.

The impact of the extra line-feeds being inserted in the message is that even if under 160 characters, the message will appear truncated or malformed.

Any suggestions on what we can do to get this issue looked into / resolved would be greatly appreciated!

Example of the issue:

If a plain-text email is sent to number@VTEXT.COM with the following text in the subject

------------------------

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

------------------------

The message will appear on the phone formatted like this:

------------------------

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

------------------------

VTEXT_Issue_Example.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with messages delivered via @vtext.com
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

still works fine for me. try number@vzwpix.com

update: vtext.com worked fine. when I used vxwpix.com it was double spaced.

one is SMS other is MMS.

0 Likes
Kyle_R

Hi Lewis,  I appreciate your response.

I tried it with both number@vtext.com as well as number@vzwpix.com and both messages contain extra spaces.  The SMS (VTEXT.COM) message actually appears triple spaced vs the MMS (VZWPIX.COM) double spaced.  See the attached example.

I really wish we could find a solution to this issue.  Everything worked perfectly up until 6/01/2012 - after that date, all messages have had these extra spaces inserted. 

A plain-text email was sent to NUMBER@VTEXT.COM and NUMBER@VZWPIX.COM with a body of:

-------------------

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test

-------------------

The image shows how that appeared on the device.

VTEXT_Example_2.JPG

0 Likes
here4real

Did you ever find a solution?  I have the same problem.

0 Likes