Is Mobile AIM charged towards texts?
lovejamienicole

I have unlimited texting, and am curious as to whether mobile aim falls under texting charges, or something else?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Mobile AIM charged towards texts?
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

Yes Mobile Im counts towards text-messaging, so if you have the Select plan then you are covered. If you have one of the unlimited with 500, 1500, or 5000 text packages then it will count towards the additional allowance, as they count as out of network.

You may also be charged MB usage at $1.99/MB for the download of the Mobile IM Application.

Hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

Yes Mobile Im counts towards text-messaging, so if you have the Select plan then you are covered. If you have one of the unlimited with 500, 1500, or 5000 text packages then it will count towards the additional allowance, as they count as out of network.

You may also be charged MB usage at $1.99/MB for the download of the Mobile IM Application.

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
lovejamienicole

but if i already had it i should be charged correct?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see you have the Voyager, as I do.  Mobile IM was already on the phone, so there is no download needed.  Connect and message all you want - It will cost you nothing for sending and receiving messages via Mobile IM.  Enjoy!

0 Likes
mathkid76

Hello, 

I just recently got my new phone from Verizon. I have the family select plan with unlimited text messages, and 3000 minutes. I was searching through my phone, and found the aim app. So, I was curious to see if I could use the app. But since I have the select plan, mobile internet isn't free, and my dad told me since aim is on the internet, aim must cost 1.99/ mb. So, I was wondering if you are sure that if I accept the terms of IM and start to use it, if it will cost my family money.... 

Thanks a lot, 

John

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the app is already on your phone, all your messaging with AIM, Yahoo, and MSN via Mobile IM is considered and counts as text messaging.  You are on the Select plan, unlimited texting, so there will be no extra charges to use Mobile IM.  Yes, it does connect, and use data transfer, as does picture messaging, but it does not get charged as MB usage, it's covered under your texting plan.  Confusing, yes.  And I can't explain how they know whether you are texting or picture messaging, but I do know it works and I do not get data charges for using Mobile IM.

0 Likes