International?
Corbenik

Up until just recently, I've been SMS'ing my fiancee in the Czech Republic, constantly. If Verizon looked at my bill, they'd see I paid, last month, almost $90 in international SMS charges alone... She uses T-Mobile Czech, and since our two are not partners, she cannot send ME any text messages, but she receives the ones I send her. 

Until... 3 days ago. 3 days ago, my texts simple STOPPED going through. She checked with her provider, and they said they hadn't even received them from me, so it isn't a problem on her end....

I can text anyone in the US no problem, but people in Europe simply no longer receive my texts anymore... it's the most baffling thing. 

I hope this problem can be resolved... I'd hate to have to change providers just so I can text my fiancee...

The "competition's" coverage sucks in my area, so it'd be a major inconvenience... But as most people would agree, a lover is more important than a phone. lol 

I've been with Verizon almost a year, and frankly, I've adored their service, and thought they were the best provider I've ever been with.... until this. :smileysad: I just hope this can be resolved. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International?
budone
Legend
Remember sending a msg there will involve more than just VZW's network. The issue could be anywhere. Even a government.
0 Likes
Corbenik

True, but the only thing I find weird is, she can receive messages from other friends of hers in the USA... it seems to be only me, and it's bugging the life out of me. lol 

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Corbenik,

I understand your concern and the importance of being able to reach your fiance, especially when she is located in another country. I would like to ask a couple of questions, if I may. Are you able to receive messages sent from her since this started happening on June 8th? With regard to the messages she is able to receive from other friends, are those friends with Verizon Wireless or another carrier? Is she receiving your messages intermittently, or not at all?

If the issue is still occurring, please feel free to send me a private message including your name, your wireless number, as well as a good contact number for you. I will be happy to reach out to you by phone so this issue can be addressed further. I want to make sure that you continue to be happy with Verizon Wireless. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
WalterChen

Just wondering...If anyone ever successfully sent and "RECEIVED" a international message here?
I can always send message, but not receiving anything... 

0 Likes