International text messaging
Dedawen

Last summer I got the international package added to my service and was able to send and receive txt messages to my friend in Egypt.  When he moved to the UAE a few months later though I was able to receive txt messages from him but apparently not send them (my phone says message sent, he never receives).  Now I am trying to send to a friend in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and though I can receive messages from him those sent by me are not received  by him.  I have confirmed with friends who have other carriers that their friends and family in the Mid East are receiving their text messages fine.  Is there a problem with Verizon txt being delivered to these countries?  And why would I be able to receive their texts but they can't receive mine?  That makes no sense.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International text messaging
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3
The problem lies with the intercarrier servers routing tables most likely. If the other person's intercarrier server changed their routing for that customer and VZW's intercarrier server was not updated then that would explain why the messages sent out by you dont make it to the other end but they can send to you fine. Call VZW and have a trouble ticket put in. I can tell you that the turnaround for an international intercarrier SMS issue can take some time as basically VZW is probably going to end up waiting on the foreign carriers system to handle the issue.
0 Likes