Integrated messaging issues
rad8996

I downloaded the desktop messaging app. I have Windows 10. Why aren't my contacts here? They don't show up on the app or the Verizon website. Just my phone. It's a Moto E 2nd Gen.  I don't understand. I use backup assistant. I'm a prepaid user so I can't sign up for cloud. Not having my contacts synced makes this app and the whole integrated messaging thing useless. The only perk is that now I can send scheduled messages. That's cool. But, otherwise I can only text on my phone because my contacts don't show on my laptop on the app or the website. On Google Chrome or Mozilla.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Integrated messaging issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your contacts synced with backup assistant? They would need to be in order to sync with Verizon Messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you store your contacts in Google, the Verizon Messages application doesn't sync with it. You have to keep a copy of the contacts in your Verizon Cloud account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rad8996

Thanks. But, like I said, I can't sign up for Cloud because I'm on Verizon Prepaid. I've tried and, it says prepaid users can't use cloud. So, all I have is Verizon Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your contacts synced with backup assistant? They would need to be in order to sync with Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
rad8996

Yes. I synced them all today and, they're scheduled to sync daily or something anyway.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Ry D.

Please refer to this USER GUIDE on the Community Forum for the steps to import your contacts.

PC APP

http://vz.to/1St0Z5S 

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

ALIE

0 Likes