Inappropriate/vulgar text messages from random numbers @vzwpix.com
JRDJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I stop getting text messages from invalid phone numbers and random email addresses? I continually get random group text messages from invalid phone numbers that end with @vzwpix.com. Example: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. Some are sent from what looks like a valid Google email address. I've reported the email addresses to the FTC when they've been sent from them, but I'm not able to report the invalid phone numbers. The content of the messages is sexually explicit. My daughter, who is also on my Verizon account, is getting them on her phone too.

Re: Inappropriate/vulgar text messages from random numbers @vzwpix.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does your device, or email domain, have any sort of way that you can block the contacts, or report it as spam? Additionally, do you have the Call Filter application? This can allow you to add numbers to a block list. Though, the email will have to go through the blocking and reporting system of the Email account you use. RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
JRDJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm able to block actual phone numbers with my device (Note 10+). Since these come from invalid numbers, I'm not able to block them. Their being received through my messages as a text and aren't coming through my email. I'm not sure how I'd block a text message through my email account... I'm open to suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW I would recommend going over our options to stop unwanted calls here: https://www.verizon.com/search/SearchResults?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=call%20filter&ES=Corporate&Ns=NA_Dt%7C1

0 Likes