I receive some MMS messages (Group Chat) on my PC / Web App, but they are not being received on my phone. My previous phone was an IPhone.
vdotk

For some reason, I have not been able to receive some MMS messages (Group Chats) on my Samsung S6. I was getting an error message saying my phone can't retrieve the MMS message. When I went onto the Messages webapp, however, the message was there. I downloaded the messages PC program and also am able to see the messages.

I previously had an IPhone and I know there are complications with the group chats. My guess is that the message is being sent and received by verizon, but not making it to my phone. Does anyone know a solution to this very frustrating problem?

Thank you for any help possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I receive some MMS messages (Group Chat) on my PC / Web App, but they are not being received on my phone. My previous phone was an IPhone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vdotk texting is how I communicate. Let's make sure your texts are flowing smoothly. Has this been happening since you first activated this phone? Were there any recent changes to your phone like a software update? Are all other functions working properly like calls and data?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I receive some MMS messages (Group Chat) on my PC / Web App, but they are not being received on my phone. My previous phone was an IPhone.
vdotk

Has this been happening since you first activated this phone?

• I have not been receiving MMS groupchat messages since I activated my phone. I only realized recently, however, that they were being received through the webapp/PC messages program.

Were there any recent changes to your phone like a software update?

• No, nothing has changed that would affect the delivery of MMS messages

Are all other functions working properly like calls and data?

• Yes, everything else is working correctly. It is just the MMS groupchat messages from some IPhone users (when there was an existing groupchat in place before I switched to my samsung phone) that are not being delivered to my phone.
0 Likes
Not applicable

HI vdotk,

GROUP MESSAGING : IPHONE TO ANDROID SWITCH

If your mobile number was once linked to an iPhone and is NOW  on an Android device, that number is ‘cached’ in the memory of your friends’/contacts' phones as an iPhone. This cannot be un-cached.  And it creates a significant problem   with Group messages.

SO, if you start, or are part of,  a Group message with someone who used to have an iPHone (including yourself) and switched to an Android, simply ADD  the dummy phone number ‘999-9999' to the Group. This will trick the iPHone cache and deliver to your Android.

We are working on enhanced group messaging functions that will resolve this and other Group Messaging issues.  Thanks for your patience!!

-ALIE_VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes