How to add contact in Message + Windows 10 version
mrsmoe53

In the version of Message+ I had with my Windows 8.1 laptop - Message + was easy to use.  In the Windows 10 version I just loaded, I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how to ADD contacts!   Come on, I am NOT that stupid.   I have played with every single menu button - NOTHING.

There's a contact icon in the upper right of the ANNOYING extra pane I DON'T need to see, I would prefer the old version where a pane didn't show up until I needed it, but when I click on the icon, all I get is the option to search for a number or email ID I haven't been able to add yet!

I checked YES to the question during setup for it to access my contacts - not a single one of them shows up.

Oh, and worse, there's a "Create New Group" icon in the (what the heck is that big pane for anyway?), but nothing about being able to create new CONTACT!

I tried like heck to find the version for Windows 8.1, but even though I can find the download link for it, as soon as I go to the Windows Store, it decides FOR ME to not let me download it, but instead, takes me right back to the annoying Windows 10 version.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to add contact in Message + Windows 10 version
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrsmoe53, I completely understand how frustrating it can be when changes to a program that was once familiar come up. I will definitely be more than happy to do everything that I can to ensure that your contacts are able to sync with Verizon Message+ on your laptop and find the way you can add a contact. What kind of mobile device do you have that as all of your contacts on it? How long have you been using the Windows 10 version of Messages+ for? Do you use Verizon Cloud with your mobile device?

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrsmoe53

Mobile device: My cell phone - Samsung Galaxy 7

Windows 10 version use:     Several days

Verizon Cloud:  NO!

Never had to make use of the cloud and don't like having cloud this, cloud that, cloud everything, so I just (previously) allowed the laptop (the older one) sync with my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, mrsmoe53. Let's continue to dig into this. Please ensure the Message+ app is up to date on your device. Once this is updated, please advise if you see your contacts. You can learn more about Message+ here, http://spr.ly/6584Dm0iw.

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TonyB1956
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears to me that this is still a problem. Only 'solution' I have found (in another thread) is to backup my phone messages to the cloud, then uninstall and reinstall the software on my PC. This software is a joke if every time I add a contact I have to un/reinstall! How about a 'Refresh Contacts' button on the Settings page?