Re: How do we STOP PRESIDENT TRUMP FROM TEXTING ALL OF US?
rcschnoor
Legend

Seems to work fine for me.

Of course all you have to do is Google WEA (Wireless Emergency Alert) or EAS (Emergency Alert System) or IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System).

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

REGKEN68 wrote:

I just want him to take his name off it - it's a FEMA alert and it's not all about him every day

His "name" is not on it. Others are making this about Trump.

Untitled-1.jpg

Trump did not "name" the alert, his predecessors did when initiating this system.

mama23dogs
Legend

Thank you... can always count on you for good research and logic. 

No carrier is exempt.  

The last alert that went out in Hawaii didn’t have any politics involved.   Had it been real, not a massive mistake, it would have been critically important that residents of Hawaii get the word. 

Lets all be grown ups about the test And not stick our head in the sand. 

When its working properly, the system should provide localized as well as national alerts.  It might have saved people in North Carolina this past week.  

I plan on being in a public place so I can people watch when the alert goes off. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REGKEN68,

Thank you for asking a great question. I'll be happy to help, clarify and point you in the right direction. We never want you to receive unwanted alerts. However, the text that you are referring to is considered an emergency alert that is part of the broader government emergency alert system. In addition, FEMA sends the alerts, not Verizon Wireless. Wireless Carrier's don't have control over this. Please contact FEMA (https://www.fema.gov/) and address your concerns.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REGKEN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for guiding us through this issue - the unwanted text

0 Likes
jhhssuu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been receiving texts, not from the emergency system, and Verizon actually flags them as potential spam. How do I stop this? I went into a Verizon store and was told to change my number.

https://imgur.com/a/TJq0WgD

0 Likes