How do I disable integrated messaging?
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I disable integrated messaging? Menu>Settings>Unsubscribe does not exist in my app. Live chat support could not figure it out. The FAQ on the website leads to the same wrong, outdated instructions.

Labels (1)
Re: How do I disable integrated messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CP1234567-

I know how important it is to manage your Integrated Messaging.We can certainly help you remove this feature from your accont or you may also remove it from your My Verizon at www.vzw.com/myverizon

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I wood like to remove it. Please explain how. The instructions I've seen so far do not work.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to help you with this service, CP1234567. Which model device do you have?

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks CP1234567 for the information. Have you tried to remove the app? To remove (close) an app, touch and hold the app image then swipe it up and off the screen. Let me know if you need more assistance.

EdwinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try disabling it and then enabling another texting app or the stock messaging to use in place of integrated messaging.  I didn't see a way to uninstall it from my Android phone - I could disable it and then choose the stock messaging as my default message program.

0 Likes
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard messaging that comes with the IPhone, I just don't want my messages stored on Verizon's site.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removing what app? The Verizon app?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
CP1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the regular I phone text messaging I have always used. The standard text messaging that comes with the phone but now my texts are being stored on Verizon's website which I do not want. That is all I am looking to disable. Do you know how?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes