How can I tell if a call is from a spoofed number?
iamasellout
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way to verify that a call in my incoming call history was from a spoofed number? My daughter got a call, supposedly from person A's office phone number. But I know for a fact that person A was not in the office at that time. Is there any way to verify the authenticity of the call? Long story, but it involves a legal matter and her having received a call from person A would not be good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call from a spoofed number?
Tidbits
Legend

It's against regulations.  Sadly to say they have to go to the FTC like everyone else, and get approval for things.

The problem is back in the 90's ALL carriers in the states fought to keep Mobile numbers private instead of public when the Telemarketers did a class action lawsuit against them for keeping them private.  The carriers asked for help and NO ONE helped them, and they ended up losing.  Aside from DNC(direct result of that).  In a perfect world our numbers would be private unless we shared it with a business, but now they are public record.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Get a supeona of the call records from that office. If the time and date coincide then it was placed from that office. No record of the call happened then it never came from there.

0 Likes
_My_Self
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting phone calls, from numbers in the Verizon pool, that are from a telemarketing company for credit reduction.  Verizon Customer service said that was nothing to be done about it.

Why can't Verizon police their subscribers?

Tidbits
Legend

It's against regulations.  Sadly to say they have to go to the FTC like everyone else, and get approval for things.

The problem is back in the 90's ALL carriers in the states fought to keep Mobile numbers private instead of public when the Telemarketers did a class action lawsuit against them for keeping them private.  The carriers asked for help and NO ONE helped them, and they ended up losing.  Aside from DNC(direct result of that).  In a perfect world our numbers would be private unless we shared it with a business, but now they are public record.

0 Likes
Re: How can I tell if a call is from a spoofed number?
jewell1942

0 Likes
Re: How can I tell if a call is from a spoofed number?
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes