How can I get rid of the annoying bubbles suggesting emoji's when texting with Message Plus
SigSig
Enthusiast - Level 1

When texting in Message Plus some words appear in bubbles indicating that there is an emoji for that word.  I realize what it's doing but it's really annoying and I can't seem to find a way to disable it.  Thanks in advance for suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get rid of the annoying bubbles suggesting emoji's when texting with Message Plus
Snn5
Legend

Reference Tikibar1's post #3.  With the app open, tap the three bars in the upper left-hand corner.  Scroll down to Settings.  Scroll down to Enable Smart Emojis and uncheck it.

Re: how do I turn on the smart emoji in message ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I get rid of the annoying bubbles suggesting emoji's when texting with Message Plus
Snn5
Legend

Reference Tikibar1's post #3.  With the app open, tap the three bars in the upper left-hand corner.  Scroll down to Settings.  Scroll down to Enable Smart Emojis and uncheck it.

Re: how do I turn on the smart emoji in message ?

0 Likes
SigSig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow...lol...do I feel dumb...that was way too easy...thanks Smiley Happy

Snn5
Legend

Some apps are a bit difficult to navigate intuitively sometimes.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MBrown1003
Enthusiast - Level 2

With a recent update to Message+, this no longer works.

I find the emojis to be intrusive.  They often make it extremely difficult to go back and edit typing/spelling errors, but the app now ignores this setting.  They're back, as annoying as ever.

PLEASE fix this.

Just-a-guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate this ‘feature’. Just got off with tech support. If the disable instructions do not work at first, try this.  Go to your PHONE ( not app) settings. Select Apps and notifications, App info, message plus, select. Then, Force stop, Storage, Clear data. This will NOT delete your messages, only local app data, settings, etc.

After this go start message Plus, it will take u through as if u are using for the first time, go through all those screens. Go Into Message plus settings, make sure smart emojis is turned off. Go start typing a message with these words to verify it’s off: happy, smile, hurry.  I was good to go. 

Side note, go back into the phoneAND app settings and reset any custom settings you had. For me this included turning off send receipts and allow app to use location.