How can I change the default app to open hyperlinks from Verizon's Message+ App?
ANDRESMX
Enthusiast - Level 1

By accident, I setup Uber as the default app to open hyperlinks that are texted to me through Verizon's Message+ app. How can I change the default app to read hyperlinks from texts?

Can't seem to find a setting for it in either the message app or Uber's.

I'd appreciate help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I change the default app to open hyperlinks from Verizon's Message+ App?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not in the individual app settings, it's in device settings then application manager.

You didn't say what phone you have - iPhone, Android...  but on mine (Google Pixel, Android) I go to Settings (phone settings), then Apps, then Settings again for the apps, and that's where I can set the default apps for opening links.  Scroll down to the Uber app and change the preferences there for links.  This would apply to Android devices.

I'm not familiar with the process of settings default actions on an Apple device - hopefully someone can respond with that info, if you have an iPhone.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I change the default app to open hyperlinks from Verizon's Message+ App?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not in the individual app settings, it's in device settings then application manager.

You didn't say what phone you have - iPhone, Android...  but on mine (Google Pixel, Android) I go to Settings (phone settings), then Apps, then Settings again for the apps, and that's where I can set the default apps for opening links.  Scroll down to the Uber app and change the preferences there for links.  This would apply to Android devices.

I'm not familiar with the process of settings default actions on an Apple device - hopefully someone can respond with that info, if you have an iPhone.

ANDRESMX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks SuzyQ. I do have an Android and found the settings for this. Much appreciated.