Horrible e-gift card
Meliza00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t have a question I have a comment about the E gift cards. The E gift card is so misleading I could have stayed with my other provider if I knew this was going to happen. I planned on using that money to pay off my previous provider. Now I have to find a way to blow this money with Verizon? This is so not cool and the first chance I get to leave Verizon, I will. My overall experience with verizon in such a short time period of time has been horrific.

Re: Horrible e-gift card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meliza00, we truly don't want to see you go and appreciate your feedback regarding your Verizon Gift Card option. It's important we are setting the correct expectations to all promotions. If you were going to receive a Visa or MasterCard gift card, it would be listed in the promotion as that specific card. Your feedback has been uplifted. Please feel free to reach out to us for any future assistance.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Lizv7777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, not only did they trick me with the same promise, now they are saying I can only use it for my bill!!! I was going to buy some Christmas gifts, but I guess I’ll be reading through my context to see how to switch to someone else! Such a waste of time!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know you feel this way, rest assured we want to make sure you are able to use the gift cards. What happened when you tried to use the gift card? Was this an e-gift card?

0 Likes
dfanta
Enthusiast - Level 1

In this time of need(covid) Verizon should do right and issue real gift cards not e gift cards to use only with in Verizon, people could use them to get necessity items like food! It feel like verizon does not care of others only for profit. Sad and poor business practices. Shame on Verizon!!!  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dfanta, we really appreciate your honest feedback. These are hard times and we can assure you that we always want to help in any way we possibly can. Our hearts go out to the many families affected by COVID-19 and our thoughts and wishes are with them. Rest assured we will be forwarding this to our Leadership Team. 

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
JTM81
Enthusiast - Level 1

As described by previous individuals...I too have had issues with using an e-gift card towards the initial payment upon adding a new line to my existing account.

Despite my numerous efforts, not one of the several people I have spoken with has worked to resolve this issue. I was given a $150 new line credit and also attempted to use a previous e-gift card of $250 that was emailed to me months ago. This $250 was never applied to the initial payment of my device (iPad Pro 12.9). There has been no change in the monthly device charges.

Verizon continues to offer promotions like this and then refuses to educate their staff on the proper ways to apply them. It definitely feels as if this is intentional in hopes people will get frustrated enough to give up. Pretty pathetic considering many are already taking additional risk spending their time and energy to even show up at a retail store during a pandemic...

Hunters-Laptop
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely true. The sales person I dealt with (Mary) said I could use the gift cards to pay my Verizon cell phone bill. I certainly can but in doing so, I lose the auto-pay discount so it costs me an extra $35.00 monthly to use the Verizon gift card to pay my Verizon bill with the Verizon gift card (for some reason the Verizon gift card is NOT acceptable for auto-pay discount). These sales people lie and Verizon is part of that lie with all their "fine print" limitations that make a seemingly good deal turn out bad. This is why Verizon is losing TONS of customers. They lie and weasel to extract the maximum from their customers, then wonder why they leave after their commitment is up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hunters-Laptop, we are so sorry to hear what happened. We are sending your a Private Message, we want to help you.

-Steven

0 Likes