Help with TXT provisioning??
mojopin38

First, I understand txts have 160 character limit.

All devices mentioned are/were on Vzon network:

On both my older Blackberry and my Blackberry 8830 I could not type more than 160 characters. But I could receive LONG txts from other Vzon users on many wireless phones/PDAs.

I moved to a Palm Centro and gained the ability to txt more than 160 characters in a single message. I remained able to receive txts of any length from users on any network.

After the Palm died I moved to the HTC Ozone. I can type more than 160 characters & the recipient receives it in multiple txts. I can live with that. But when I received the same long txts from users I get it in multiple txts, and I receive another txt that says:

"Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed"

I changed my mind about the Ozone and moved to a Samsung Omnia. Same situation as the Ozone.

This extra txt "Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed" is EXTREMELY annoying and disrupting!!!

I have read extensive all over the web and get mixed information. Some say Verizon can change the provisioning of the device to EMS and the message goes away. Others say Verizon refuses to do anything about it.

I cannot believe that there is no solution to this when I have been in MULTIPLE devices and my txting functions are so different when other people I txt are not having the issue - even other Vzon customers! Including myself!

Why did this message not appear on my Palm Centro? The Omnia is a smartphone - same as Centro. Can anyone out there tell me what I need to do??

Should I leave Verizon after being with them from the company's start??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with TXT provisioning??
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Your experiences with each device is different because each device processes the text message differently. The Palm Centro operating system is completely different from Windows Mobile or Blackberry. So each device is expected to handle processing and displaying the message differently. Unfortunately there's not a work around to that.

As far as Verizon activating or provisioning EMS I wouldn't know. But you can ask for yourself to find out. 

Text messages are supposed to be short anyway. That's why they call it SMS: Short Message System.

0 Likes
Re: TXT provisioning - help
mdram

well i dont text much, once or twice a month

but i think an mms message can be over 160 characters

0 Likes